Chapter 22

Previously on Chapter 21

"I'll always be here..." he said. I turn to look at him with a smile. He smiles back at me. "Now sleep" he said. I just close my eyes, as I start to feel sleepier. I relax my body as my breathing start evening out. I let myself drift off to sleep.

-You're Special-

Y/N P.O.V

When I wake up the next morning, I feel so much better than I did the previous days. I can walk around freely now that I feel more energized after being well rested. Right now, I'm sitting next to D/N on top of a rock. I stare into the distance, deep in thought.

I feel a nudge on my side and turn my head to see D/N, staring at me. "What is it?" I asked, placing my hand on top of her head. She leans closer to my side, making me hug her huge head. I close my eyes as I caress her head.

Dragons aren't safe to be here... she said, pulling away to look at me. I just nod my head in agreement at what she said. Not as long as there are people who are greedy and selfish, like your father... she added. I turn my head away from her to look forward into the distance.

"Yeah... I agree with you. Up until now, I still have no idea how to bring peace between the worlds of humans and dragons. Some dragon princess... I'm nothing but a useless girl..." I said, hugging my knees closer. D/N push me on my side, making me fall off from the rock and onto the ground.

"Ow! D/N!! What was that for??" I said, sitting up. She looks displeased, probably because of what I just said. I start to get annoyed by the look she's giving me. "What?? You know I'm right. You told me that I'm destined to bring peace between humans and dragons. But look at what I've been doing? Instead of fulfilling that destiny, I ended up almost getting myself killed! What do you call that, huh? USELESS!" I said. She nudges me and makes me fall on my back.

She hovers above me with her front claws on either side of my head. She looks saddened by my words. I thought you already accepted your fate as the dragon princess, Y/N. That was the reason why you resurrected after getting yourself killed by your father's men. By accepting your true nature, you strengthened your magic. You just have to keep trying, Y/N... please have faith in yourself she said. Her voice sounded gentle despite the anger reflecting in her eyes.

I let out a sigh and let my head fall back, placing it on the ground as I stare at the sky. D/N moves aside and lay on the ground next to me. I move to place my hands behind my head to act as a pillow.

"Sometimes I questioned why the world picked me as the Dragon Princess... as amazing as it sounded. It surely is a lot of responsibility..." I said. I lift my hand and a string of magic flows through it. It forms into a butterfly.

I place my hand on my stomach as I watch the butterfly fluttering it's wings

I place my hand on my stomach as I watch the butterfly fluttering it's wings. The butterfly starts flying around for a while before vanishing into a burst of glittering light. I let out a sigh and closes my eyes, as a soft breeze gently brush through my hair.

"Why me? Of all people. I just want a normal life..." I said, in a hushed voice. I feel a gentle nudge on my face. I turn my head to see D/N, staring at me with a gentle gaze.

Nobody said it's going to be easy, Y/N... D/N said in a soft voice. I turn my head to look at her. She leans down and gently lick my cheek. I let out a giggle, feeling ticklish by her action.

I hear footsteps coming closer towards me, snapping me out of my train of thoughts. I sit up and turn my head to see Hiccup. He smiles softly once he notice that he have my attention on him.

He take a seat next to me. I scoot closer and place my head on his shoulder. He wrap his arms around mine. I feel a soft kiss on the side of my head. I smile softly, appreciating his loving and sweet gesture.

"You look troubled when I approach you... do you want to talk about it to me? What's bothering your mind?" He asked. His hand is gently caressing my hair, as I bury my face in the crook of his neck.

I pull away from him and turn to look at him. He frowns when he notice that my eyes are starting to swell up with tears. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. I instantly latch onto him as I hug him tightly.

I've never felt so pressured before. I've always been trying my best. But after the last battle, I realize that no matter how hard I try... I'm just not good enough.

"Why? What happened?" He asked. I pull away from the hug. He cups my cheeks and gently wipe the tears away. I place my hands on top of his. I stare at him with a sad and teary eyed gaze.

"No matter how hard I tried... I'm just not good enough. Without my magic, I would be nothing" I said. Hiccup frowns at what I said. He shakes his head and pulls me closer again, running his hand through my hair.

"That's not true, Y/N. You're a strong fighter. You can fight without magic, and with magic... you've become even stronger. You're special..." he said. I just bury my face in his neck.

"But even so... I still failed to create peace. D/N keeps on telling me that it's in my destiny to bring peace. I tried... and tried. But I keep on failing. Instead, I nearly sent him to the underworld. That's the same as killing him. I'm a monster..." I said. I feel Hiccup shakes his head at what I said.

"No... you're not a monster. You're Y/N... and you'll always will be my Y/N. I love you..," he said, leaning his forehead against mine. I just close my eyes. Hiccup closes the gap, pressing his lips against mine. I tilt my head slightly as I respond to his kiss.

"I love you too, Hiccup..." I said, after we pull away. He smiles softly at me and gently embraces me. Hiccup is the reason I learned how to trust, and not only that... he also taught me how to love. I don't know what I would be if I don't have him in my life. He's everything to me.

*to be continued*