Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

"Hmm... how imbecile. Just because you found a new home. You forget about us?" He said. "Wait... what?" I said, looking at him in confusion. He starts to chuckle. I take that as a chance to observe him. My eyes eventually land on the crest in his shoulder. My eyes widened as I recognize the symbol. "N-No way...

Father?

-What Do You Want?!-

Y/N P.O.V

"Father?" I said. Hiccup turns his head to look at me in shock. "That's your father??" He said. I didn't say anything to him, and glare at the man in front of me.

"What do you want? Why are you here?" I said. He just laughs and takes off his mask.

He looks at me with sinister look

He looks at me with sinister look. He looks like he's trying to scare me. But of course, I'm not scared... not anymore.

I clench my hands into a tight fists, as I glare at him. "You haven't answered me. What. Do. You. Want?" I spat every word, my voice is laced with hatred and anger.

"Ahh~ I see you've grown some guts... now you dare to talk back to me. I remember how you used to be a scared, little helpless girl..." he said. I scoffed at what he said.

"I was never afraid of you" I said. "Uh huh... then why did you run away?" He said, smirking at me. "I never run away! D/N took me with her because she thinks I'll be safer with her!" I said, patting D/N head while still glaring at him. D/N growls at him too, agreeing what is said.

He burst out laughing. "Oh really? How amusing..." he said. I growl angrily at him. "You have no right to be here. Stay away from Berk!" I yelled at him. "Hm, you hurt my feelings..." he said, placing a hand on his chest.

"Feelings you said? The last time I checked. You're just a sadistic, heartless jerk!" I said, glaring at him. He bursts out laughing at my comment. "Awee... my little daughter have grown so much..." he said. "I'm not your daughter. You NEVER treated me as your child. No... you treated me as a slave! The only one that ever loved and had always been there for me is mother. After she passed away... YOU along with those horrible people treated me like trash!" I said, angrily.

"Awe... honey, I did that to make you strong..." he said. "Strong? No... you're trying to turn me into a killing machine. Your sole purpose was to control all the dragons... so you can take over the entire world! All I was for you was just a bait! Now... LEAVE Berk, before I make you!" I yelled.

"And what can you possibly do?" He said. I growl at him. I point my hand with the tattoo on, palm facing him. "Boeth istalrì!" I said. His vest instantly caught on fire. He flinch at the sudden appearance of the fire. He pat on them, trying his best to extinguish the flame.

Once the fire is out, he turns to look at me with wide eyes. "How did you do that?" He said. "None of your business... get out of here. Or I'm going to set YOUR face next. There's more where that came from... you don't wanna mess with me, mister" I said, smirking. He scowls at what I said. He turns around and get on his dragon.

He looks up at me. "You will be a fine addition to my army. I will be back, my child..." he said. "I am NOT your child!!" I yelled. He just smirk at me and flies away.

Once he's out of sight. I breathe heavily, feeling a bit exhausted. I sway a little. Hiccup rushes towards me and caught me in his arms.

"Y/N... are you okay?" He said. "I'm okay... I'm just tired" I said, smiling weakly at him. He scoops me up in his arms. He walks over to toothless and get on his back.

"D/N... lets go home..." he said. D/N nods her head. He pats Toothless head. "Come on, buddy. Let's go home..." he said. Then we start to fly. I lean my head against his chest and close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

Time-skip

I wake up and realize I'm back home, and I'm laying on my bed. I feel something on my hand. I turn my head to see Hiccup, sleeping while holding my hand. I smile softly at the sight of him.

I lift my hand on top of his head. He stirs a little and opens his eyes. He turns to look at me. I can see the look relieved spreading across his face. He stands up and take a seat on the edge of the bed.

I move to sit up and scoots closer to him. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his warmth. I lean my head against his chest. "I'm so glad you're alright..." he said. "Yeah" I said, in a hush tone.

"Y/N" he said, after a few moment of silence. I hum to let him know I'm paying attention to him. "Who was that? Was that really your father..." he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head.

"Now I know why you ran away from your home..." he said. "Yeah..." I said. "Your father is worst than how my dad used to be... even though my father hated the dragon. He still cares for me. But the way you reacted to your father... I can see how bad he is as a man..." he said. I just look down, I feel tears starts to stream down my cheeks as my mind drift off to the days I was still in that village.

"Hey... it's okay. Don't cry..." he said. I bit my lips to try and stop myself from crying. Hiccup smiles sadly at me. "Come here..." he said, pulling me closer once again. I lean my head against his chest as I start to cry softly. He hugs me tighter, while caressing my hair softly. He stays silent as he waits for me to calm down.

"Hiccup..." I said, after I've stopped crying. "Yeah? What is it, love?" He said, in a soft voice. "You don't hate me?" I asked. "What? Why would I hate you, Y/N?" He asked, pulling away from me. I turn my head to look at him, to see him looking at me with a look of confusion and concern. 

"I've been keeping secrets like that..." I said. "No... of course not. I understand why you never want to talk about it... I would never hate you for something like that..." he said. I just smile at him. He gently wipes my tears.

"Hiccup... my father was an evil man... he's not going to stop at anything to get what he wanted. He saw what I can do. He will try to get me back. I don't wanna go back!" I said, trying my best to stop crying again. "Hey... shh... he wants to get you? Then he's going to have to go through me. I will never let him have you. I will protect you. I promise. So don't be scared, okay?" He said. I just nod my head, smiling at me.

He leans his forehead against mine. "I love you, Y/N..." he said. I smile and close my eyes. "I love you too, Hiccup..." I said. He leans in and place a soft kiss on my lips. I turn my head slightly and kisses him back.

He pulls away from the kiss. "You should probably get some more rest. You need it... you look so pale right now..." he said. I just nod my head. He helps me to lay down.

"Sleep well..." he said. He leans down to place a soft kiss on my forehead. He stands up and was about to walk away. But I grab his hand before he could take a step. He turns to look at me with a confused look. I just smile shyly at him.

"Stay with me?" I said. He let out a chuckle and nod his head. "Sure... of course..." he said. He lay down next to me. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer. I lean my head on his chest. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*

A/N: I AM SO SORRY for not updating this book! I forgot what happened in the movie. So... well... I'm going to forget about the movie and continue with my own version. Anyway... how do you like the new cover? I'll
Try my best to update this book. Hopefully, I won't face another writer block. See ya~