Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

"W-What? H-how? He's never acted like that before" Hiccup said as he walks towards me. I turn to him and shrug my shoulders. "I don't know..." I lied. I can't tell him the truth. I can't let him know that I'm a Dragon Princess. At least... not yet.

-I Don't Trust Them-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit by the cliff, staring off into the ocean. One knee close to my chest. My chin resting on my arms which is laying on my knee.

'How long should I be here?' I thought to myself. I can't stay here... I don't feel safe with them. What if they all turn out to be like everyone back in my old village. I don't feel like going through that again. Not again... not that I finally found a place where I could be me without being judged.

I heard the sound of footsteps behind me. I just keep my eyes on the ocean, not even bother to turn. The sound stops as the person stands behind me. I can sense it's Hiccup.

"Hey..." he said. I just stay silent, not answering him. He walks forward and sits next to me. "How are you feeling?" He asks. Still no answer from me. He let out a sigh "can you at least tell me your name?" He asks. "Y/N... my name is L/N Y/N..." I said. He looks at me surprised.

Probably because he didn't expect me to answer, seeing how I ignore him the first two times. Well... I don't blame him for being surprised.

"Well then... Y/N... my name is Hiccup Horrendus Haddock III..." he said. I turn to him. "That's a long name..." I said. He let out a chuckle at my respond. While I just stare at him. Then I turn my head back to the ocean.

Hiccup P.O.V

She seems so... emotionless. She rarely shows any signs of reaction. What got her to act like this. Did she went through something hard on her past?

I heard huge footsteps behind me and turn around to see Y/N's dragon. She gently nudge Y/N at the back. Y/N turns around and smile at her as she pats her head. The only times I see her smile is whenever she's around her dragon.

"Y/N?" I call out. She turns to me and her expression turns emotionless once again. "Uh... where do you come from? Surely we have to inform your parents, right?" I asks. She just stare at me, then look down. Then I saw something streams down her cheeks. My eyes widened as I panicked.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N! I didn't mean to make you cry..." I said, frantically. "It's okay..." she said, wiping away her tears. Then she looks up at me. "I don't have parents... they died when I was a kid... all I have is an adoptive father... but he..." she stops, looking away with an uneasy look on her face.

Y/N P.O.V

"He hates me... they all do..." I said. "What do you mean?" He asks. I sigh and hugs my knees closer to my chest. "Everyone back in my village hates me... they all treats me badly..." I said. "Do... do you know why?" He asks. I nod my head "because I couldn't kill a dragon... I mean... I could if I want to... but no... I don't... dragons are my friends... they treats me better... way better than all those people..." I said.

D/N nudge her head on my side. I turn to her and pat her head. "I'm alright, girl... don't worry..." I said. "I was like that too..." Hiccup said. I turn to him. "What do you mean?" I asks. He starts to tell me what Berk was like before.

Once he finished telling me, I looked away from him. "If only they could change... but I know for sure they won't..." I said. "So what happened?" He asks. I sigh softly. "I ran away... sorry... I didn't mean to trespass your village... I got attacked by bandits..." I said. He nods his head "I know... we found you in that cave... blood all over your shirt..." he said. "Thank you for saving me..." I said, giving him a soft smile. He just smiles back at me.

"So... where do you stay?" He asks. I turn to him. I couldn't possibly tell him. I know he cares about dragons. But is he really trustable?

I turn to D/N. 'Should I tell him?' I asks her. It's up to you... she said. 'You're not helping...' I said. I can her her chuckling inside my head, making me roll my eyes.

"Hello?" He calls out, waving his hand in front of my face. Did he think I zoned out? Well... better than him knowing I can talk to dragons. "Huh? Sorry..." I said. "I asks you where you live, Y/N..." he said. I let out a sigh "I'm sorry... I can't tell you... not yet..." I said, looking away.

Why won't you tell him? D/N asks. 'Because I don't trust them...' I said. I hear her sigh Y/N... I know you have gone through so much pain in your past. But you need to let that go so you can embrace your future and possibly accept your- I cut her off. 'Yeah yeah... I know... I'm the chosen one. No need to keep telling me that...' I said to her. She huffs at me and lay her head down on the ground. 'Sorry...' I said, patting her nozzle. She licks my palm, making me giggle softly.

"You seem attached to your dragon, huh..." Hiccup said. I turn to him and smile softly. "D/N is the first dragon that ever comes closer to me... I remember the first day I met her..." I told him, skipping the part where I can communicate with D/N in my mind.

"And she's been by my side ever since... she took me out of that village I once called home... then took me somewhere safer..." I said, without telling me where I actually came from. He hums in respond. "I see... now I can see why you're so close with your dragon" he said, making me smile softly.

D/N moves slightly, so her body is right against my back so I can lean on her. She place her head on my lap, circling me. I place my head on her head and rub it softly. She let out a sound of approval.

Can I really trust them? Am I ready to embrace change?

*to be continued*