Chapter 21

Previously on Chapter 20

"Y/N... you're okay" I said, leaning my forehead against hers. The feeling of relieved spread through my body, as I feel the warmth of her skin. I let out a shaky breath. I've never felt so afraid in my life before. But I don't have to worry anymore. Y/N is here... she's still alive.

-Peace... At Last-

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes. The first thing I realize is that I'm inside a huge tent. I feel drained and exhausted. Probably since I used up a lot of magic.

I turn my head to the side to see a sleeping Hiccup. He's sitting next to me a makeshift bed. His head is laying on the bed. I notice there are bags under his eyes. He must've lacked of sleep... and it's all because of me.

I lift my hand and gently place it on top of his head. He starts to move in his sleep as I caress his hair. His eyes flutter open as he turns to look at me. His eyes widening when he realize that I've woken up.

He quickly move and pulls me into a hug. He buries his face into the crook of my neck as he starts to sob. "I... I thought I lost you, Y/N..." he choked out. I lift my hand, gently placing it on top of his head.

"I'm okay, Hiccup..." I said, in a soft voice. I place a soft kiss on the side of his head as he continues to cry while clinging onto me desperately. I just stay silent, whispering sweet things to his ear every now and then as I wait for him to calm down.

After a while, he finally did. But he didn't make any sign that he'd pull away from me anytime soon. So I just lay there, letting him lay on me. I knew he needed this. So I let him do it as long as he needs.

"I watched you die... it was the scariest thing I had ever experienced" he said. He pulls away, with his hands on either side of my head. He stares at me. There are still tears in his eyes. "Don't you ever do that to me again..." he said.

I lift my hand and gently cup the side of his cheek. I smile softly as I caress his cheek. "I'll try my best..." I said. He let out a sigh and places his head back on the crook of my neck. I just hugs him close, caressing his hair softly.

The sound of stomach rumbling snaps us out of our little silence. Hiccup pulls away and stares at me. I blush out of embarrassment and turn my head away. Hiccup let out a chuckle at my reaction. He cups the side of my cheek and turn my face to look at him.

"You don't have to feel embarrassed. Not with me... I'm your boyfriend, Y/N" he said. I just give him a shy smile. He gently caress my cheek and leans down, placing a soft peck against my lips. He stands up and smiles at me. "I'll go and get you something to eat, okay?" He said. I nod my head. He turns around and walks out of the tent.

I place my head on the pillow as I stare at the ceiling of the tent. I lift my hand and place it on my chest. I know clearly that I was stabbed by a sword right on my chest. What happened? How am I still alive?

"Y/N... I got you some food..." Hiccup said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turn my head to see him. I move myself to sit up. But my body still feels weak, so it's quite hard for me to sit. Hiccup helps me sit up. He moves to sit behind me, allowing me to use his body to lean on. "Go on and eat your food. I'm sure you'll gain some strength afterwards..." he said. I just nod my head. I pick up the plate and start to eat. Hiccup wrap his arms around me, making sure to not strain my movement. So he's hugging me under my arms.

Just like he said, after I ate the food... I feel a little more energized. I turn to look at Hiccup over my shoulder and smiles. "You're right... I feel so much better now" I said. He smiles and places a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Can you sit?" He asked. I nod my head at what he said. He slowly moves as if making sure I'm strong enough to sit on my own. Once he's sure I can. He slowly moves to sit next to me. I scoot closer to him and place my head on his shoulder.

"I'm not sure what happened... I thought I died. But the next thing I know is that I'm alive, and my body turned into a dragon" I said. Hiccup just stays silent as he run his hand through my hair.

D/N place her head inside the tent. I smile softly at her and gently pat her nose. Are you okay, Y/N? She asked. I nod my head, reassuring her that I'm okay. She just nod her head. I see worry reflecting in her eyes. I must have scared everyone by what happened. Even I'm scared of what happened. I really thought that I'm going to die.

"You should rest more, Y/N..." Hiccup said. I turn to look at him. He gently push me down, so I'm back to a laying position. He runs his hand through my hair. "You're still recovering. What happened yesterday must have really took a toll on you. You look so tired..." he said. I just nod my head in agreement.

"Will you accompany me?" I asked. He smiles softly at me. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my forehead. He take a seat next to me. I scoot closer until my head is pressed against his thigh. He runs his hand through my hair.

"I'll always be here..." he said. I turn to look at him with a smile. He smiles back at me. "Now sleep" he said. I just close my eyes, as I start to feel sleepier. I relax my body as my breathing start evening out. I let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*