"Are you forgetting he's my fuckin' son??!"

Start from the beginning

Brushing his thumb lightly against the side of your neck, digging in his pocket for his van keys while that grin stays on his face.
"That's what he's under the impression of, but I said even if it was, wouldn't be a bad thing"
You shrug, stopping beside the van for him to unlock it.
"..No?"
He smiles and you give him one back shaking your head 'no'.

Once in the van you headed straight to the diner, discarding of your work jacket and leaving that in the van, he already had his normal clothes on he went to work in this morning, leaving his overalls back at the auto shop as always.
It was a little packed than usual but you managed to get a spot by the window in a small two person booth, sitting opposite eachother, perfect.
Picking up the two menus and handing him one you went straight for the milkshakes first before picking actual food.
"What you fancy sweetheart"
He asks, scanning the burger section.
"You"
You quietly mumble from behind the menu, giggling to yourself as Ed's hand comes over the menu to pull it down, looking at you with a raised brow and a smirk in the corner of his mouth.
"What was that?"

"......Chocolate milkshake and a cheese burger with a side of fries please"
Ignoring what you said first off, giving him a sweet smile.
He squints at you slightly, knowing what you said but you wasn't repeating it.
"I'll get us two cokes with it also, so your not washing a burger down with a milkshake"
A waitress comes over to take the order not long after you both picked what you wanted, offering to pay for the two cokes but Eddie kept giving you the look.

----Wayne's POV----

It's been real quiet around here since Ed moved out, do I miss the times he'd head back home after being out, just as I'm about to leave for work so he could see me off? Or the loud music coming from his bedroom almost every night either from his stereo or his guitars?
.....yeah, I do, I really do.
But the boy's grown now.
I knew he wouldn't be living with me forever, and I'm proud of who he's grown into.
But I wish time wouldn't move so fast, especially in our case.

Getting some shut eye on the sofa before I had to think about getting ready for my shift, just as I was about to doze off, the trailer door pounds flinching me awake.
"...Coming..! ALRIGHT ALRIGHT CHRIST.....fuck sakes..."
I say, pulling my old bones off the damn sofa to get the door, opening it and immediately going to rub my eye, I have to be fuckin' dreaming...
"Fuckin hell Wayne took your ass long enough to answer the damn door..."
They say, I froze, one hand still on the door, and the other went up against the door frame, but of instinct to block the VERY unwelcome "guest", my brother.
".....The hell are you going here?"
I say, not really giving a shit, I do NOT want him here, 0 joy or anything of the kind in my voice to see him.
"Ouch lotta cold air coming outta that box huh? What? not happy to see your brother finally a free man?!"
He grins holding his arms out to the side.

"Not even the slightest bit happy, free? I give it a week, your not welcome here. Now get off my damn property and get the HELL out of this town..."
Standing myself up straight, keeping my door blocked best I could.
"Tch you have shit hospitality schools Wayne, fuck sakes."
He says shaking his head, pushing past me and stepping into my home.
"Where's that fucking boy of mine? Can I at least say hi to him?"
He asks turning back around to face me after pushing his way in, I keep the front door open, he wasn't welcome.
"No, you can't. He isn't-"
Getting cut off by him shouting for Ed.
"...Guess who's back!....get out here boy...! EDWARD"
He looks around the trailer with his eyes, Taking in the place I, and Eddie, till he got his own place, had comfortably made home.