Lisa's riends miraculously overheard this, and their eyes widened.

"Omo, you're sweating? It is a bit hot in here, isn't it?"

"Sir! Can you blast the AC? Our bridegroom over here is sweating."

Blast the AC in the middle of winter? Jungkook quickly dissuaded them as he massaged Lisa's hand. He hated being in these kinds of situations, but he could endure it because Lisa was by his side. Of course, if it weren't for Lisa, he wouldn't have even come to something like this in the first place.

Time passed by, and they consumed a good amount of liquor. Things that Jungkook had missed before became prominent in his eyes. Like the man sitting at the end of the table bitterly drinking liquor...

Jungkook leaned towards Lisa and gestured to the man.

"Lisa, who is he?"

He held back the urge to say, 'What's that bastard doing acting all pitiful like that?' Unable to congratulate them and be happy for them, he was moping at the end of the table by himself. Jungkook couldn't help but be bothered by it.

When Lisa entered the restaurant, he merely gave her a curt greeting and didn't even bother to mingle with other people. Instead, he ordered some liquor and some snacks and sat by himself. Judging from his condition, he was already very drunk.

"Who? Kim Taehyung?"

Kim Taehyung. Jungkook raised a brow. When Lisa's friends heard her voice, they clicked their tongues and glared at the man.

"Why did he come all the way over here to act pitiful like that?"

Because someone else said the words that Jungkook had wanted to say, he felt refreshed.

"He's our class... what should we call him... The pathetic guy of our class."

"He's not pathetic. He's shady. Before he went to serve out his military service, he started rumors here and there that he liked Lalisa, but he's never actually confessed to you, has he?"

"Not only that, but he's never even talked to her. He only chased after her from the shadows."
Lisa glanced at Jungkook and cautiously opened her mouth.

"It was a bit annoying that he spread those rumors, but he never bothered me directly, so I don't really care. But I never expected him to come all the way here..."

Lisa nnounced her upcoming nuptials in her class group chat and set the date and time after talking to a few friends. She knew there would be more people than she expected, but she never dreamed that Kim Taehyung would join them. No, actually, she never expected the self-proclaimed outsider to still be in the group chat at all.

"My Lalisa was quite popular."

His low, gruff voice stuck to their ears. Jungkook was laughing, but why did it feel so off-putting? Lisa saw the smile on his lips and felt a chill roll through her heart.

"Please tell me more about Lisa's years in college. Was that bas... I mean, that guy the only one who liked Lisa or were there more?"

Jungkook draped his arm around the back of Lisa's chair and leaned closer to her. He playfully wound his fingers through Lisa's hair as his eyes crinkled in laughter.

As if they melted under his gaze, her friends began to talk and flopped around like fish that had found water.

How Lisa  had become the class rep, what kinds of conversations they had when they first met her, how she slipped out of class to go day drinking, and other small stories like that.

While he enjoyed listening to their retelling of their memories, Jungkook's eyes remained on Lisa.

The way her cheeks became round when she laughed, her eyes that arched into crescent moons, the way her lips widened to reveal white teeth...