Chapter 13

As if stirred by the way Jungkook was whispering in Lisa's ear, Jin began to grind his teeth and grabbed Jungkook by collar.

"Are you having fun playing around, you fucking son of a bitch?"

Jungkook raised a brow and scoffed.

"Playing around? Who's playing around with whom?"

"You really don't know?"

"I told you already. It's not a good look when you needlessly interfere."

Jin's fists trembled as they began to tighten around Jungkook's shirt, almost to the point of tearing it. Bulging veins formed on the back of his hand and looked like they'd burst at any moment. Jungkook didn't seem to care and merely frowned.

"What you're doing right now... It's unnecessary."

"You son of a bitch!"
Fireworks went off between their eyes. It was an incredibly tense situation that would only end when blood was drawn.

Lisa, who had been standing in her spot like stone, looked back and forth between the two men with trembling eyes. Then she gently grabbed Jin's wrist.

"Wh-Why are you being like this... Let go first, and then let's talk."

Her meek voice was like throwing eggs at a boulder. Jin looked down at Lisa and scoffed in disbelief.

"I had a hunch. I had a hunch that you two..."

Just as his voice began to boom, Jin's cell phone began to ring. He suppressed his rage and lowered his disheveled head. He let go of Jungkook's collar as if throwing them away and answered the phone. The call was probably from SoYoung because his voice softened a notch.

"Yeah. I'm going now."

The top button on Jungkook's shirt was dangling precariously. Because Jin had grabbed his collar, his neatly ironed shirt was full of wrinkles. Lisa reflexively stretched out her hand and stroked his shirt when a familiar warmth covered her hand. She raised her eyes and saw Jungkook's smiling lips move.

'It's okay.'

Ding, the elevator doors opened. Lisa took this chance and pushed Jin's back.

"SoYoung-unnie is waiting. Hurry up and go."

"Why you little..."

Jin spoke in an exaggeratedly ominous voice as he threatened her with his fist. Suddenly, Jungkook covered her head with his arm and pulled her against his chest.

Seeing this, Jin looked at them in disbelief. As if to calm his own anger, he looked up at the sky and took a deep breath. He breathed a few more times before he got into the elevator.

"You, see me later."

He pointed to Jungkook and spit those words out. Until the elevator doors had completely closed, Jungkook and Jin continued to glare at each other.

She didn't know how they'd handled that situation. Jungkook suddenly grabbed Lisa's hand and dragged her to his place. She was now sitting on the sofa, blankly staring into space.

She thought she had just overcome an obstacle, but it turned out that the true obstacle was right behind it all along. Lisa was now starting to process what had happened thirty minutes ago.

Just recalling the events made chills run down her spine. If it wasn't for SoYoung's call, fists would have flown. Lisa sighed and buried herself even deeper into the sofa.

"You're going to disappear at this rate."

Jungkook leaned against the wall and gazed at Lisa. As soon as he washed up in the bathroom, he came out and began to do something in the kitchen. He must have finished whatever it was he was doing. Lisa didn't pay it any mind and repeated the words Jin had spit out at the end of their confrontation.