Introduction

I've watched a lot of TV shows and movies and I've read a lot of books, but out of all of those different forms of media none of them have filled me with the urge to write quite so much as "The 100" did. I watched all of the episodes at least twice just to analyse them even deeper. There were things I liked about it, things I didn't, and other things that are just too complex and difficult to explain that I couldn't possibly talk to my friends about and expect them to understand.

I'm a writer.

And as much as I would like to think that I can communicate my thoughts orally effectively, the truth is they are so much clearer when I have time to process them and can type them up on a screen. That's why I'm writing this now. My reviews are not filtered; they are my outlet. This is the only way I can release what has been building up inside of my head.

To get something clear, this isn't a review about "The 100" books. It is about the first two seasons of the show. If you have only read the books, don't expect to find what you're looking for in this book. Although I have read the books, they are also very different from the show -- very different. Likewise, if you haven't seen all of the episodes, there will be spoilers. I've warned you. Read at your own risk.

Now, if you just happened to stumble across this book don't run away quite so fast! I'll talk about the premise of the story and near the end I'll say if I recommend it or not. If you really are interested, you can wait until that chapter to decide whether to watch it or you can read on to find out what it's about. (It is called "Do I Recommend?" and has been posted now.) Feel free to ask questions in the comments section and I'll try to help you out in deciding if the show is right for you.

Some things that I'll be writing about are the characters, the plot, my questions, my hopes, my fears, and my favourite parts of the show. That's just a sneak peek into what you might be seeing.

Warning: I'm not going to make a point at using profanity in my reviews, but there may be a few swears here and there. None of them are used to be offensive, nor will I be using any of the swears that are generally said to be extraordinarily disrespectful and over-the-top. Other mature topics will only be mentioned because they are in the show. I'm assuming that if you are watching "The 100", you've already been exposed to the language I might use.

The last thing I want to clear up is that these are my opinions. They are not fact nor should you assume they are so. If you disagree, that's fine. I encourage you to express your opinions, even if they are opposite of my own, so long as you don't tell me that my thoughts are invalid or directly attack me. I will give you the same courtesy. Those are the terms of this book.

If you are interested in viewing the cast of "The 100" they have been included up at the top. I'll be adding to the list as I go and if you think of a character that isn't there, please let me know and I'll add them straight away. This way you can always know what actor is playing your favourite characters! Now and then I might include a link to a website or include video/photo at the top so make sure you check that out for the full review. As an intro to the show, I just decided to put the Season 2 credits video up at the top because it's really intense and I love it. I suggest you go to the settings and choose the HD option for all of the videos I post because that's how they are viewed best. Thanks so much for reading! I've been waiting to share my thoughts for a long time.