Gensokyo Chapter: A week and beyond

(Artist source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/103044563 )

~~~5 day time skip~~~~

It's been a week since I've arrived at Mayohiga, I've still been training every day, the sparring with Chen continues. I've learned I can summon a forge and anvil for blacksmithing, I'm guessing it's from the Old Man. I can only do it in my workshop, but I'm not very good at it. All the "blades" I've made have all just been messes that can do no damage, and break nearly instantly the second they make contact with a dummy.

The dreams are rather odd now. Every time I enter that wasteland, the Old Man and the kid are waiting, the Old Man working the forge and Anvil, while the kid helps out, occasionally even sparring with me, usually until the Old Man stops us. I've even started helping run the forge. Every time I leave the dream I feel like I know a tiny bit more of the Old Man's technique, and more of how the kid fights, when I'm fighting that kid with everything I have, it feels like I'm fighting myself, just one with more refined techniques.

Mother hasn't woken up, nor has her bedroom door appeared, I've already started to miss her. In the two days I've known her she's grown on me strangely enough. Mom is very caring and does her best to make sure I'm comfortable, I recently showed her the shed that is my workshop, and has shown me that the clothing she made me has magical properties. They're what are called mystic codes, and all function differently.

The uniform was made to withstand strong attacks with a spell to make sure its always a perfect fit and never restrict movement. The tabard enhances how quickly my circuits can cool down and start up, perfect for my projection. I want to see if I can make an in between to the get the best of both worlds, seems rather difficult though.

Mom has also recently started teaching me to cook. Apparently I have a natural talent for it, I need to make sure to have time to study the cooking and recipe books sometime, especially to learn how to make cookies.

I'm currently practicing my magecraft, reinforcement i just recently mastered, not too hard really, at least compared to maintaining my Kanshou and Byakuya. Recently, whenever I'm not using the swords, I tend to use the hammer that the Old Man uses. It a surprisingly reliable weapon in combat, especially what used while alternating between it and Kanshou and Byakuya. Chen never sees the hammer coming.

Ran Yakumo: (Y/N)! Come on in to the house, I have something for you!

That's probably the gift Mother mentioned. I wrap the Kanshou and Byakuya projections in a cloth alongside with the failed blades from the forge, and attempts at projecting the Katana's in the wasteland. I remove the smithing clothes I made (it took some effort, but the fire resistance from the clothes with my affinity for fire helps keep me safe from the furnace's flames.) I put my tabard outfit back on and lock up the shed and go inside.

(Y/N): Yeah Mom? Whatcha have for me?

Ran Yakumo: Well, this box. Open it up!

She looks excited, a big smile on her face, Chen is right next to her, a smile on her face as well. I take the wooden box, my full name written on the side of it. I open it up, a slab of wood sits in there, surrounded by cushioning. A word written on it, reading Nanukakan, Seven Days. I grab it out of the box.

(Y/N): What is this?

Mom gently moves the hand with the wood, and moves it around slowly, making a quick flicking motion, revealing a shining blade. The craftsmanship of the blade is amazing. I can tell tons of effort was put into the knife. This is no regular knife, this blade was definitely made for my clans fighting style.