Chapter 3

I look at him, not sure if I'm happy to see him or not. The guy's surprised look turns into a glare and dives back into his book. "Ah, don't worry dear. They're unfortunately always rude", says the woman. I go sit on the ground by the table. The elderly man also steps in, together with an older male, which is I suppose the oldest of their children. Unlike the others, his clothing isn't Japanese. He wears a long leather coat and beneath it is also all-black clothing. Like his brother and sister, his hair is also pitch-black, and he has a couple of piercings in his ear. He stares at me, not glaring but not happy either. It's unreadable. "[Name], let me introduce my family. Next to me is my oldest son: Damian. Next is my daughter Naomi and my youngest son: Dai. This is my beautiful wife: Jun. My name is Botan", introduces the father. "Nice to meet you", I say. The woman, Jun, puts noodles on the table. The family all takes a seat by the table. It's kind of awkward, I know I'm a stranger, but I do the best I can to make it easier for them.

I eat some noodles, now it's completely dark outside. Inside it's warm and quiet, only a clock is ticking from a room next to us. "I don't want to get personal, but what we're you doing on the street?" Asks Naomi. She looks at me with dull eyes. "Naomi, it's rude to ask business from other people's personal lives." "I'm sorry, father." "It's okay, it's normal to be curious", I tell her. Dai, aka rude guy, avoids my gaze. Why is he so mad at me? I know I bumped into him, but I said I was sorry. "Where do you come from then?", questions Naomi furthur. "I come from [your country]." "I've never heard from it..." What? They have to know, right? This is bizarre!
"How did you get here, anyway", mumbles Dai. "I don't know, It may sound weird but I passed out and woke up here. I still try to find a way back", I explain. Botan's eyes pierce my side. It makes me uncomfortable. Why is he staring at me? Yet he doesn't say anything. I take some noodles and eat them quietly. "I'm busy on a project, I need an assistant. Would you like to help me, [name]-San? In return I give you food, water, and shelter", says Botan. "What! Don't you think we need to discuss this?!" Yells Dai. "No yelling at the table, Dai!" Says Jun angrily. Damian looks up while Noami just ignores the situation. I can feel the tension getting bigger with every second that passes. "There is nothing to discuss, son" replies Botan calmly.

He turns back to me. "Do you accept my offer?" I look hesitated at Dai, but I know I don't have much of a choice. "I accept", I say quietly. Dai stands up angrily and storms off. "Dai!", Jun yells. The door closed with a loud 'bang' and somehow I feel guilty for nothing convincing him first. But I will when I spent my time here.

"Don't worry about Dai. He will come back" says Botan while he puts a noodle in his mouth. He doesn't seem to care about it, maybe I shouldn't too. "Okay."

"Noami, show [name] her room." The black-haired girl stands up and I follow her to the long hallways. She shows me a room and I make myself ready to sleep. I could borrow some clothes from Naomi. She's like a robot, never showing emotions. Kind of creepy if you ask me. I go lie in bed and close my eyes, ready to fall asleep...

"[Name]-San!" His voice yelled through every corridor. "What?!" I yell back. "What do you think you're doing? We still need some kids!" Yells a slim figure. I can't see his face, but he was young, beautiful, and selfish. I just shrug and hum the song I learned not too long ago.

My eyes open when the end of the song plays. This dream wasn't as bad. Every time I feel like I'm in someone else her story when I dream, yet they keep calling me by my name.

I stand up and put on my clothes from yesterday. Right... I'm still in Herian City. I walk out of my room, my legs tiredly dragging along. When I come into the living room, I see the TV is on, but no one is in here. There is a reporter on the TV, showing pictures of a building on fire. "The heroes do what they can-"

What... heroes? Do they mean the fire department?

Suddenly someone flies into the building, flames slowly getting bigger with every second that passes. Then the same woman flies out with two people and puts them on the ground. "Ah, Wonder Eagle saved the day!" Says the reporter again. My mouth drops open. Wonder Eagle? Is this a show? It has to be right?!

"You look confused," says a low voice. I turn around to see Damian eating something out of the fridge, the kitchen and livingroom are connected. "Which show is this?" I ask. "The news..." "So..." I turn around the face him. "This... heroes are real?" "Yes, unfortunately." I look shocked back at the TV. "No, they don't exist. Probably some advertising for a show or something", I tell myself. "Quite the opposite..." When I turn around again Damian is gone. "D-Damian?" Suddenly I hand grabs my shoulder, making me yelp in fear. I take a few steps back. "H-how... how?!" I say confused as I look at Damian who has a mean grin on his face. "You were there, now you're here. How?" "Invisibility." Damian disappears right before me I hear his heavy footsteps going to the kitchen. This isn't real! It can't be! Then he appears again by the table.

My mind is racing, and my body freezes. This is impossible... "Listen girly, I don't know which world you come from, but in this world heroes and villains have superpowers. Easy as that", says Damian. He drinks a glass of water and then just walks into another room, leaving me shocked. "[Name]-San. Damian is right" says Botan. He takes a seat next to me. "Our family is descendants of mighty villains, and we still follow in their footsteps." I don't say anything, but I realize what he might say. They actually exist. Botan and his family are villains as well...
They are villains who destroy buildings and kill people, yet he took me to his house, gave me food, offering me a job. The job...

"That... project.. what's it about?" I ask. My voice has never shaken so hard before. Botan avoids my gaze and stands up.

"[Name]-San, I think I finally found out how you got into this world..."