Gensokyo Chapter: The Hammer and Blade

Start from the beginning

Yukari Yakumo: Well isn't that unfortunate?

I turn around, at this point I'm not even surprised she was watching so quietly. I was kind of expecting it. A pain suddenly runs through my head, I do my best to ignore it.

Yukari Yakumo: Now then, follow me, there is something I have to show you.

She starts floating over to a building of decent size, about one room and a small attic, about 20 feet away from the small arena. Was this always here? For the first time, I see her stop floating and start walking, I approach her, she reaches the door and turns around to look at me, she motions to me to get closer, and so I do.

Yukari Yakumo: This shed was recently installed around the time you arrived here, an even bigger coincidence we never ended up using it, so I decided this can be your workshop.

She hands me a key, it seems like the key for the lock on the building.

Yukari Yakumo: You should find that you may find many of the things you may need for your magecraft in there, along with some artifacts, gems if you may need them, and a small library. Anything else you find in there is yours to use and keep however you see fit. You may unlock it.

I walk over to the shed and insert the key, it unlocks and I open the door.

(Authors note: the shed looks something like this, source is from the Fate Stay Night Wikipedia, sorry for low quality)

Although a little cluttered, a gut instinct tells me it's perfect, and oddly, I agree with it. I look for a lights switch and turn it on, I can already imagine where I will practice my projection.

Yukari Yakumo: Before I forget, I have something- yawn- You'll need to see. Oh and before I forget to mention, there is a minor bounded field, you'll know when something comes near and around this area.

She walks over to the library the shelf filled with books, ranging from basic magecraft, to recipe and cooking books. She picks out three books, all of them having the name Nanaya files on the sides. She looks and at me back at the books. Her eyebrow twitches and she walks over and hands me the books. She grabs the first one and opens to the first page.

Yukari Yakumo: These are...

She pauses, yawns, gets an agitated look, shakes it off and goes back to a neutral expression.

Yukari Yakumo: These are books and files of knowledge the Yakumo family has archived on the Nanaya Clan, the same one I believe you are descended from, had your old family ever mentioned them? Outside of your last name of course.