2

Derek and Eli walk into their house, Eli slammed his backpack on the kitchen counter, Derek threw his jacket on the hook making it fall the floor, Eli and Derek look at each other before Derek looks away taking a deep breath, "All right

Derek and Eli walk into their house, Eli slammed his backpack on the kitchen counter, Derek threw his jacket on the hook making it fall the floor, Eli and Derek look at each other before Derek looks away taking a deep breath, "All right. Can we just... Can we just stop before either of us does anything completely embarrassing?

Eli points towards the broken hook on the wall,"I think that qualifies as pretty embarrassing."

"It was coming loose anyway." Derek excused.

"Are you gonna punish me or not? Cause otherwise, I'll just go to my room." Eli flapped his arms pointing towards the hallway

"Eli, I don't... I don't want to punish you. I'd like to maybe understand what you think you were doing." Derek calmly talked walking closer to his son.

"I needed a ride to meet my friends after the game. What is wrong with that?" Eli snarked towards his father.

"You're 15, you don't have a license, and it's called breaking the law." Derek replied back like it obviously.

"You never broke the law?"

"OK. You know what? If this is about the other thing, then let's talk about the other thing." Derek changes the subject.

Eli looks frustrated, "I don't want to talk to you about anything."

"I wouldn't push it if it wasn't a thing. But we both know it's not just anything, and now it's definitely something." Derek slightly raised his voice when talking.

"I don't even know what you're talking about. Are you listening to yourself? You sound drunk." Eli stressed out looking at his father incredulously.

"I can't get drunk. You know that."

Eli shrugged, "It's not my problem."

"Eli, it's a thing!"

"OK, to you, not me." Eli shrugged off his words starting to walk away from his father.

"I can teach you." Derek encouraged.

"What if I don't want to learn?"

"Well, you're gonna have to learn. It's who you are. You're a Hale." Derek sternly talked.

"I'll change my name." Eli stubbornly spoke.

"That won't change the fact that you're a werewolf!"

"And what if I'm not?" Eli yelled looking upset, "Maybe that's why I can't turn into one? You know, what if I'm the first ever Hale not to turn into a werewolf?"

Derek scoffed, "To be honest, it would probably make life a little easier."

"Yeah, for me? Or you?" Eli's questioned hung in the air as Derek stared at him, Eli scoffed shaking his he's walking to his room.

"Definitely me." Derek muttered taking a deep breath.

::::

Derek walked down his hallway towards Eli's room a lacrosse stick in had, he knock on the door, "Eli, come on out. I was thinking we could practice before the game. You know, basketball was really always more my thing. But, uh, I think I'm getting better. Maybe you can show me some tricks? Or maybe not." Derek opened the door seeing the room empty and the window open, knowing Eli most definitely went to Raven.