1

The sound of thunder clattered against the building as a girl handed a bowl of food to a man, who handed it to a costumer

An all back clothed figured walked into the restaurant slowly and suspiciously, with a hood drawn he out a bullet down on the conner, "When is a door not a door?"

"Sorry?" The girl looked confused with an accent.

"When is a door not a door?" The man in all black sternly and slowly repeated.

"She doesn't understand." The man replied back standing next to the girl.

"Well, it's a riddle. I think she understands perfectly. So I'll ask one more time. When is a door not a door?"

"When it's "ajar."" The girl calmly spoke any traces of her accent gone.

"Like one of those." The man in all black looked at the jars against the wall, "The jar I'm looking for has a special symbol on it, a triskelion, three spirals connected."

"We don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you should leave." The girl calmly but confidently spoke glaring at the hooded man.

"Oh. It's a very special jar, actually. It was made from the wood of a sacred tree and used to capture a dark Kitsune... A trickster spirit called Nogitsune."

"Well, all these jars contain are teas and spices." The girl casually commented.

"So whatever it is you came here looking for..."

"You know exactly what I came here looking for, Mr. Dunbar." The people eating in the restaurant all cocked their guns after the hooded man's reply, "You all do."

The girl turned running grabbing a jar running towards the exit. The man Liam roared jumping over the conner. The girl Hikari ran outside in the ran when the hooded man came and shot her in the leg making her fall to the floor dropping the jar, The girls eyes glowed a bright gold.

"Hikari!" Liam yelled running outside roaring jumping in the air towards the hooded man, before he got shot in the chest landing into the ground.

"No! No! You don't know what you're doing!" Liam screamed over the rain as the hooded man walked to pick up the jar.

"I've been searching for this for years. I know precisely what I'm doing."

"You can't control it." Hikari grunted as she tried to crawl towards the man.

"I don't want to."

The jar suddenly sat up facing towards the sky, "Set me free."

"Not until you make me a promise." The hooded man negotiated.

"What fool would ask a promise from a trickster spirit?" The whisper came form the jar.

"Call it a mutually beneficial arrangement. If you're as all powerful and omniscient as they say. Then you already know what I want."