Part 75: Taking advantage of time

Começar do início

Lily grinned. "You could be a model with me."

Hugo laughed. "Well I am sexy," he joked as they came up to the gargoyle. Then he sighed. "Education," he stated.

The gargoyle moved to show the stairs. "Dumb password," Lily mentioned as they stepped onto the stairs, which immediately began to move and spiral upwards.

"Tell me about," Hugo muttered back.

Once they reached the door, Lily knocked firmly and hated how she now had to wait. Already she missed just having to knock once and walk in to see Jacob.

"Come in!" Heyes's voice called out to them.

Lily pushed open the door, allowing Hugo to go in first, and then closed the door as she followed. Heyes was sitting at the desk, Brunt was to his left, Napoleon was sitting on a nearby chair, and Brady Edwards was pacing near the fireplace.

"Sit down," Heyes commanded, motioning to the two chairs in front of his desk.

Silently, both teens sat down. For a moment, all was silent. Then apparently, a tension exploded.

"Do you two have nothing to say?" Edwards yelled. "You can't just confess? We know you did this!"

Lily and Hugo looked at each other, then back at Heyes, and stayed silent. A frustrated growl emitted by the fireplace.

It had to be almost ten, silent, and tense minutes before there was a knock on the door, and then it opened, revealed their parents, who came in calmly, with calm expressions.

With a wave of Heyes's wand, four more chairs moved over around the desk. "Please, sit," he requested to the adults. "As for introductions, I'm Professor Roderick Heyes, the temporary headmaster at Hogwarts. I'm sure you know the governors that have joined us."

"Of course," Hermione assured as they all sat down. "Now, what can we do for you?"

"We need to discuss your children here," Heyes stated.

"What about them?" Ginny demanded.

Heyes's only reply at first was to hold up that morning's copy of the Daily Prophet. Lily smiled at the sight of the top headline. "OUT WITH THE NEW, IN WITH THE OLD: NEW HEADMASTER FAILS TO STOP TROUBLE"

"We are familiar with this morning's headlines," Harry told him.

Heyes put the paper down. "We have reasons to believe that your kids were the start of this little rebellion."

Lily cleared her throat. "I would like to remind people that Hugo and I were in the dungeons, working on a potion. Professor Slughorn will say the same."

"If someone is willing to vouch for our children's whereabouts, then why do you believe that they started it?" Hermione inquired with a serious stare.

"Because they have shown constant attitude problems!" Edwards hissed as he came to stand by the desk. "For example, their little talk and interview with the press!"

"We have not broken any rules," Hugo retorted quickly. "We have simply stated our opinions to a woman who asked. A woman you governors brought in."

"So, because they are firm in their opinions, you're blaming our children for your mistakes?" Ginny countered with a glare.

"What do you mean 'our mistakes,' Mrs. Potter?" Brunt demanded.

It was Ron who answered. "Because only an incompetent headmaster would be in his office while a riot is going on downstairs!"

"I was in a meeting with a student!" Heyes argued. "Then ended up in a swamp, which was a product created by your brother, their uncle!"