Part 72: An outside victory

Start from the beginning

It was a spread of her across the pages. She recognized the pictures she had done this past Christmas. But then another page slipped, and Lily pulled it out of the magazine to see one of the magazine pictures of her in the bathing suit from the summer before her fourth year.

Lily glanced up at her boyfriend, still blushing a little, but also badly repressing a coy grin. "Oh," she simply said.

Scorpius reached out and snatched the magazine from her. "Ok, ok. Make fun of me later," he muttered as he stalked back to his bed.

Lily followed him, trying not to laugh when he shoved the magazine under his bed. "I wasn't going to make fun of you," she assured. "Although I might when you complain about what other boys do with those magazines."

Scorpius rolled his eyes. "Ha, ha," he mumbled dryly. But then he looked at her and cleared his throat. "So, I thought you taught Potions at this time?"

Lily sighed as she moved to sit on his bed. "I got banned from doing that anymore. Their idea of payback for the article," she told him.

"Well, I'm sorry," he said as he sat next to her. "I know you loved doing it."

Lily rested her chin on his shoulder. "It's ok. I've still got the group. Besides," she gave him a coy grin, "it gives me and you the time you've been wanting." She leaned forward to place a kiss on his neck.

She could feel and hear his chuckle as one of his arms wrapped around her. "Well that is a bonus. But I do wish we didn't have to get the time by cutting one of the things you love doing."

Lily moved so that she was straddling his lap. "I'll live. And when Professor Brown comes back next year, I'll get to do it again," she reasoned. She cupped his cheek, feeling the thick stubble beneath her fingers and palm. "Too busy to shave anymore?" she teased.

Scorpius smirked. "Too lazy," he retorted. He leaned closer, leaving only a breath between their lips. "Besides, you know you love it."

Lily tilted her head slightly. "Well it is ruggedly attractive," she murmured. She kissed him chastely once, then twice.

Scorpius groaned as he leaned his forehead against hers. "Maybe I'll grow it out," he muttered. "What do you think?"

Lily kissed him again. "It might be interesting to see," she replied softly. Her hand trailed down to the folded collar of his shirt, then trailed to gently tug at his tie. "So, what do you usually do at this time each day?" she whispered.

"Stare at your pictures and wish you were with me instead of in class," he admitted lowly, his lips brushing against hers as he spoke.

Lily hummed softly. "Well, you got your wish. So what will you do now?"

Scorpius opened his eyes, and Lily gasped quietly at the intensity in them. "Show you how much I wanted you here." Then his lips were on hers fully and passionately.

Maybe taking a break wouldn't be such a bad thing after all.

"So, remind me, how did we end up in the Prefect Bathroom?" Scorpius questioned as he dried off his hair.

Lily glanced back at him from where she stood, brushing out her hair in front one of the mirrors. "Well, it's almost time for me to go to Herbology, so I insisted on taking a shower first, and you insisted on joining me, so I suggested we come here, since it's a much bigger bath," she replied. Which was all true. The last thing she'd wanted to do was go to Herbology with a sheen of sweat and smelling like sex.

"Ah," Scorpius muttered. "That's right. Well, let's face it, babe, I'm a helping hand in a bath."

Lily rolled her eyes as he laughed, but still smiled. "Yeah, you weren't a distraction at all," she countered.