Chapter 12

Y/N P.O.V.

I was planning on joining my brother to go back to our house but my arm still hurts. Unfortunately, it's going to slow me down and it's going to take time to heal. I had no choice but to stay in the Kudo mansion. The smart kid(Conan) is in school, Mr. Kudo went back to America with his wife. So that left me and Haru with Subaru Okiya. My brother was really hesitant to leave me and Haru here though. But he had only 2 options, which were me and Haru staying with Okiya-san or coming with him back to the house. Of course it was more dangerous for me to go back to the house. The house could've been rigged with some explosives or something. He let me stay home with Haru. He also told me to run if anything were to happen. He wasn't that specific on where I should run to but I would probably run to Cafe Poirot. I can stay with Azusa-san there. I would have to bring Haru with me though. I was going to start with the writing assignment my brother gave me but I couldn't move my right arm too much because it still hurts. I really wish I didn't get shot.

Flashback

Once my brother left, I went to change my clothes. It was late already so I decided to throw in the towel. I set Haru down outside my room and gave him a toy to play with while he waited for me. Everything was going well. I finished changing and brushing my teeth. I wore a blue hoodie and some long white pants. They were really comfy so I usually wore them to sleep. I exited the bathroom and was about to enter my room when I heard a loud bang. It sounded like the door. I was rather chill with it considering there was no way that someone broke into our house. But man was I wrong. There stood two people wearing black clothes. One was shorter than the other and had black sunglasses and hat. The other hat long grey-ish hair with the same black hat. Thankfully, they didn't notice me. They had guns and all that stuff. At this point I had started to panic. I tried to remain calm and I thought of a plan. I would get Haru and bolt straight to the door and run to the streets. Hopefully they don't notice us. I scanned the room for Haru. I saw that he was laying on the ground motionless.

Then, the guy with long hair pulled out a gun and was about to shoot Haru. I quickly grabbed Haru and ran to the door. While doing so, the man shot my right arm. I was no longer a crybaby so I didn't cry. I almost fell down because of the pain but quickly got a hold of myself. This was a life or death situation so I immediately knew that one wrong move and it could be all over for me. I ran as fast as I could. The man with sunglasses was chasing me. The other must have stayed back at the house. I ran and ran as fast as I could. My arm was hurting so bad and I was starting to lose so much blood. I had to escape them right now. If not, I'll end up dead from either blood loss or to them. I turned a corner into the alleyway and hid behind a trashcan. Haru was still unconscious so he didn't make any sound. The man ran into the alleyway and looked around for me. I threw a rock to the fork in the alleyway. The rock proceeded to make a "Clang" sound. The man smirked at this and followed the sound. I got up from the hiding spot and ran back out into the streets, Haru still in my arms. I made sure to look back once in a while to make sure that the man wasn't following us.

After a while, I concluded that I lost the man. I was exhausted. I never felt better than to be able to breathe in oxygen. I started walking in a random direction. I than realized that my arm still hurt from the shot. It was bleeding a lot and had stained my blue hoodie. I looked around for anything to stop my bleeding and found that there was a towel on a bench. I set Haru down for a while and began to tie the towel around my arm, hoping to stop the bleeding. It worked but the wound would get infected if I didn't find help and fast. I picked up Haru again and realized that he was conscious now. I began knocking from door to door. It was about 10 p.m. so not many people were awake. No one opened their door no matter how many times I knocked. I assumed they were asleep since all they're lights were off. I walked for what seemed like hours until I finally found a house that had lights on. Although house was an understatement, mansion was more like it. The house was ginormous and looked nice too. I read the sign and it said that this was the Kudo mansion. I approached the door and knocked. Thankfully, someone opened. My eyes widened when I saw none other than Subaru Okiya. I explained to him that I was looking for someone and he smiled. He said that he was here. I saw my brother and explained everything to him. Though, something didn't seem right. Subaru Okiya didn't recognize me. It was weird, he should have recognized me. We met before, he saved me. I saw that my brother notice too so he confronted him. 

End of Flashback

And you know the rest. My brother explained that once I saw Subaru Okiya, I fell asleep. He carried me up to a guest room with Haru. He set us down and let us sleep. I sighed. He said that I needed rest but I was really bored and didn't know what to do. I didn't want to bother Okiya-san so I played with Haru once again. All I ever seem to do is play with Haru but I can't help it. He is so adorable and I love dogs. I really hope that we can go back to our home. But with the current situation, I find it hard to believe that we really can. 

Thanks for 344 reads! I didn't think I'd make it this far. Thanks for the support. Have a good day/night! :)