Chapter Four

Botticelli's Studio in the Medici Estate

***

"She was beautiful, Y/N! Like nothing I have ever seen before. A goddess from Greek tales!" Sandro gushed to her in an illusive state, smiling as he told her about Simonetta Vespucci, the fair noble woman he and Guiliano had spotted that day, "You must help me paint her!"

"In what way could I possibly help!"

"The Vespucci are having a dinner party tomorrow night and you are invited."

"I hate dinner parties..."

"Yes, but when you go you win over crowds of people -- everyone raves of your beauty and intrigue! You could go and convince the Vespuccis that it would be in their best interest for her to model for me."

Y/N stared at her best friend, truly evaluating whether or not she loved Sandro enough to attend a Vespucci dinner party. She decided she did, but she wouldn't be happy about it. "Fine, I'll go -- but you will be indebted to me, I swear. Plus, you have to go to a dress fitting with me... right now."

"Yes, let us go," Sandro declared, jumping up to lead Y/N to the closest dress shop. 

***

Bianca helped Y/N prepare for the party, which was the only was Y/N was able to make it into her dress. It was gorgeous, a light green color with sleeves which flowed downwards to the ground and had cream colored accents and gold thread detailing. The golden embroidery at the bottom of the dress mimicked vines growing up the thin skirt. The best part was the cream corset, which perfectly flattered her waist. 

Bianca then insisted on doing Y/N's hair, brushing it out and braiding two small strips into a crow, which she then weaved small white flowers into. Finally, there was the makeup, which Y/N insisted on applying herself in order to make sure it was as light as possible. 

When she descended upon the staircase with Bianca, Y/N felt like a princess. It felt excruciatingly odd, and she felt she was missing something without a sword strapped to her waist (but she was slightly comforted by the dagger strapped to her thigh). 

Leonardo and Lorenzo, who were playing chess near the end of the staircase, both turned to stare at her in awe.

"Y/N, you look radiant!" Leo declared, standing up, "You look... heavenly!"

"Gorgeous, Y/N," Lorenzo agreed with a smile. 

Sandro was the next to enter, quite literally stopping in his tracts as he saw her, "Pure radiance, Y/N. Are you ready to leave?"

"Yes, and not looking so bad yourself." She remarked, studying his unusually well-kept hair and clothes clean of paint splatter. Sandro took her arm, and led her to the carriage in order to help her in. Once they were both settled, Y/N began speaking: "I will convince the Vespuccis, we will wait for Guiliano to get tipsy, and then we will leave the party immediately. I do not want to stay longer than necessary."

"Well, Guiliano won't take long to accomplish his task..." Sandro remarked, imagining his rowdy brother horsing around with half a bottle of wine in his system. 

As if summoned by his name, the carriage's door sung open and Guiliano threw himself in, shaking the entire vehicle. 

"Guiliano!" Y/N exclaimed, startled by the carriage's movement, "Be careful!"

Guiliano, electing to ignore her comment, looked her up and down with a smile, "You look heavenly this evening."

"Makes one of you," Sandro said, tapping the carriage walls to let the driver know he could begin pulling them along.