Ravens head hit the back of the door as she muffled her sobs into her hand, wondering why life had to be so cruel on her 11th birthday.

::::

The Martin-Stilinski house never felt the same once Lydia left, Stiles was always gone working at the FBI, making Raven spend most of her days alone feeling more alone then ever losing not just her mother but her father too

Raven happened to inherited both of her parents smarts making her be a child prodigy, she has always been extremely intelligent, taking any extra classes out side of school, learning new languages anything she could learn she will, the only thing she didn't want was to skip grades she wanted to stay with her age.

Raven breezed by school easily never having any issueses and just continued to train with Chris who happen to be the only consistent person in the young pre-teens life, despite being a few hours from Beacon hills Raven and her father haven't been there since Lydia left, which was already three years ago.

Raven felt like she was wasting her life sitting in house that wasn't even a home anymore.

So on the summer before freshman year Raven had a question to ask her father.

Stiles for once was home and sat down eating dinner with his daughter, who he felt like just kept growing up so fast, he saw how she seemed to constantly moving, pushing her food around on her plate, "What's wrong little bird?"

"I want to stay with Grandpa." Raven blurted out before she could stop her self she looked up seeing her father frozen and quickly tried to explain her self, "It's just your never home anymore Dad, it's like since Mom left, you left too."

Stiles face fell at his daughters words knowing she was right and he has been distant, seeing the look at on her face he walked up to her kneeling down cupping her hands in his, "I know little bird i haven't been the best father lately, but if going to my father is what you want then of course you can go."

Ravens head shot up, "Really."

"Really." Stiles repeated, he brushed back one of her strawberry blonde curls behind her ear, "I'll miss you but if your happy there it's ok."

Raven smiled leaning into her fathers touch for the first time in years.

::::