Chapter 15 Life Remaining and Life Scattered

Beginne am Anfang

Currently, within the medical bay, both Nhazul and Shinn had entered. The doctor was absent, but a nurse was there, reviewing Stella's condition. When she saw Shinn and Nhazul enter, she stepped outside, and he headed straight for the bed, off to the side, where Stella had been placed.

Nhazul: So you had another run in with her that didn't involve groping her, huh?

Shinn just looked at Nhazul annoyed, as he turned his attention back to Stella.

Shinn: She fell off a cliff and I jumped in to save her, since she couldn't swim.

Shinn then looked down, sighing.

Shinn: The girl I met by the sea...all that time, you were the pilot of the Gaia, too...

Stella appeared to be sleeping, but she stirred, looking troubled. He wondered if she was having a nightmare. He crouched next to her, resting his hand on her forehead. She felt warm to the touch.

Stella: Help...me... Neo...

Shinn: I knew it was you. But you couldn't recognize me, could you...how terrible. To have even your memories stolen from you...

As he remembered the encounter well, and as he thought about it his hand slipped to her cheek, where she had had him place it before.
She stirred at his touch, and her eyes opened. She looked at him vaguely.

Stella: Sh...Shinn...?

Shinn and Nhazul looked at Stella surprised, as she looked at him.

Stella: You

Stella: You...you came to see me... Thank you...

She said, a small smile on her face, as he nodded. 

Shinn: That's right, I'm here. Everything's all right now.

As Shinn continued to smile at Stella, she looked back at Nhazul, as Shinn introduced him.

Shinn: That's Nhazul, he's my friend.

Stella: Friend...? Nhazul... Friend?

Nhazul looked at Stella and smiled.

Nhazul: Yeah, friend.

Stella began to smile again.