#TSOML 17

Ranbir went to her room and knocked on the door. Prachi opened the door and frowned seeing him.

RANBIR: may I come in?

PRACHI: no!

She closed the door on his face but he kept his hand in between..and as the door came in contact with his hand.. he hissed in pain and a shout came out of his mouth.

Prachi immediately opened the door and look at him who was painfully holding his hand. She felt guilty of her act and brought him in. She made him sit on the bed and immediately ran to get ice. She came back with a bowl full of ice and kept his hands into it. He hissed due to it and tried to remove his hands,but she held it.

This made him look at her and he noticed her teary eyes. His heart ached seeing the moisture in her eyes.

PRACHI, guilty: I'm sorry..  this is because of me..

RANBIR, softly: it's okay.. I'm fine.

After a few minutes she stopped and kept the bowl aside and then passed him a towel. He began wiping his hands while she came back with an ointment.

She sat in front of him and applied it to his hands. All the while, he was admiring her features. A hair lock was disturbing his view, so he lifted his other hand and tucked it behind her ear.

A shiver ran in her spine as his fingers came in contact with her skin behind the ear and she nervously looked at him. He noticed her expression and withdrawed his hands.

PRACHI: why did you came here?

RANBIR: I wanted to talk to you..

PRACHI: come on Mr.Kohli, you shouldn't talk with outsiders... This isn't a good thing.

He looked down feeling guilty of his own words. He gathered some courage and looked back at her. He held her hands in his.

RANBIR: I'm sorry prachi.. really sorry. I.. I didn't meant to hurt you.

PRACHI: but you actually did., with your words Mr.Kohli..

RANBIR: Please stop calling me Mr.Kohli, 'ranbir ji' sounds way too good from your mouth for me.. please call me like that only na..

She looked in his eyes as his words processed in her mind. They had an eyelock.

RANBIR: I know my words did hurted you, but I didn't mean to do so... Actually a day before that day, a employee was saying all that.. what if tomorrow someone else will say..I just don't want even a drop of strain on your reputation..

PRACHI: you could have explain in a better way..  and if that employee said all that..then you should have chopped his tongue rather than saying all that to me.

He looked at her amused.
RANBIR, whispered to himself: like father like daughter!!

PRACHI: what did you said?

RANBIR: no..a.. nothing.. I . I mean I know that my way of telling was not right and I ended up hurting you. I'm really sorry for my act. These two days.. of you ignoring me was hell! I don't know why.. but I can't bear it. Please forgive me, please ...

He was getting teary eyed in the end. She noticed a lone tear that escapes his eyes and that pained her heart. She lifted her hand and wipe out his tears.

 She lifted her hand and wipe out his tears