Chapter 1

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Fiction-Mystery Presents:
The Anti-Hero

Genre: Mystery-Thriller/ Romance/Crime

Main Character: You

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

My eyes open, waking up from the same melody that I hear at the end of my dream. My dream began innocent, then the new ones were more fucked up than the previous ones. At first, I could understand their storylines, they were all connected, like every new dream was a new chapter of the same book. However, I do not understand anymore since the third chapter. It was too difficult to understand and too horrible to look at, even if I turn away or close my eyes, I still knew and could see what was happening. Thousand of lives were killed over and over again. Like a circle that would never end.

I stand up and put on my clothes and do my morning routine, humming the song that's stuck in my head from last night. I open the door to the kitchen, seeing that my parents have already woken up. My mother is baking pancakes while my dad watches. "You want one?" Asks mom with a greeting smile. "Of course", I reply "And You sweetheart?" My dad doesn't reply because he's too busy on his phone. Mom shrugs. "Old man..."
"Huh? You talking to me?" Asks dad confused. "Why do you think?" Mom replies, and an irritated expression comes up her face. "What?"
I giggle a little and take my phone to check my messages. "You want any pancakes?" Repeats mom. "Oh, sure." Mom rolls her eyes and goes on with what she's doing. The sun shines through the window and the birds are also waking up, chirping happily a song. I walk further to the living room where I hid my papers. One paper is full of drawing with the symbol I see every night. The other papers are mostly information about it, I don't find much on the internet. But I've seen it in a store once, the manager said it wasn't anything special. So I don't get why I see it every night together with that song. The song seems to be sung by children, many children's voices at once. It's beautiful yet creepy at the same time. "[Name], come on! Breakfast is ready" shouts mom from the kitchen. "Coming!" I put the papers back in their original spot and go eat breakfast.

I walk in the park, many owners go walk there with their dogs. I just walk to think, to get my head off things. Just when I'm about to take the path to get out I see something scratched in the trunk of a tree. I run to it to take a closer look. It's the same symbol as in my dream! Unbelievable...

I caress with my hand over the tree. I feel a weird kind of energy racing through my body like it's meant to be. I finally found it! My hand lies on the symbol. "Ah!" I yank my hand away, that burned feeling on my hand is very painful.

The world spins and becomes black, but I'm still conscious. I fly or fall, I can't tell. I feel tired like my eyes can close at any minute. I close them and I feel myself drifting away, the last thing I feel is that two, strong arms have caught me...

____________________________________

Hello there

I won't do as many a/n as the previous story, however, I hope you will like this story. The next chapter will come up soon...

Enjoy!