"I did warn them." Eden pointed out, before setting the pie down (and out of reach of her dogs) so that she could smooth Hermes' shirt and tie. "You're looking very handsome."

"Why thank you." He beamed, before twirling her around. "But I am simply nothing compared to you, look how beautiful you are."

"This is disturbing. Disgusting, some would say." Luke came pounding down the stairs, pulling a face of abject horror. "Keep it PG."

"That was PG." Hermes replied, rolling his eyes. "Nice to see you out of bed."

"Yeah, well, got to keep up the image of the favourite grandchild."

"Your grandma does not have a favourite."

"She does. It's me." Luke pointed out. "I'm the first, and obviously the best, and so I am definitely her favourite."

"I can tell you now, that you're not." Eden grinned, as her son rolled his eyes. "Your hair is a mess."

"That's what happens after you fall asleep. God, mom, is old age making you lose brain cells?"

"Watch it, kiddo." Eden warned, prodding her son's ribs as Luke jumped away from her, scowling. "I'm still young enough to verbally spar with you."

Luke pulled a face and stuck his tongue out, causing Eden to do the same before she turned back to the stairs.

"Willow! Ethan!" Eden called once more. "Don't make me come up those stairs. Where are your siblings, Luke?"

"Asleep. Which is normal."

"It's ten and we're leaving to your grandmother's, it's not." Eden replied. "If you don't come downstairs, I'll leave you here."

There was still no response, so Eden turned, opening the door and waiting for a few moments, before slamming it again. Hermes and Luke both grinned at the sound of panicked footsteps, as the two youngest in the family made their appearance.

"You-" Willow stuttered, looking between her parents and older brother, before her face contorted into a dark scowl. "Mom!"

"What?" Eden grinned, as Ethan barrelled into her legs clinging to her. "I asked you to come downstairs five times, and now you're here."

"That's mean. Luke, tell her that's mean!" Willow turned to her brother, glaring as Hermes chuckled.

"Look, she froze my cereal this year, again. What do you want me to say?" Luke questioned the ten year old, who huffed and stomped off to complain to her dad in Greek. Her eldest son turned back to her. "Bit mean, mom."

"A little funny." Hermes interjected, nodding his head, before going back to helping Willow with her shoes. The ten year old looked exactly like a mini version of Hermes, as Luke did, with the same wide eyes and dark curls that Eden hadn't seen since Luke was small. Ethan looked like her, something that Eden cherished, though, like his siblings, he shared their curls. "Come on. We're going to be late."

"Shot gun front." Luke stated, as Eden pulled a face.

"You wish." 

"Worth a try." Luke called Bradley to his side, helping the elderly dog into the boot of the car.

☾☼☽

Over the years, their family grew up and slowly, more people drifted in and out of their lives. When Eden was younger, Hermes' immortality had scared her. He was a god, who would live forever, and she was a mere mortal.