Chapter 19

2nd May 2013
Dear Diary,
I was eating my lunch at the canteen today when I saw him taking his food. But he wasn’t alone. There was a girl beside him who seemed to be making small jokes to which he giggled showing his contagious smile. Once upon a time, it used to be for me…
I knew her. She was Eva, the coach’s daughter, the same coach who lead their basketball team. She was gorgeous with silky brown hair which reached below her shoulders and were tied in a fishtail. They kept talking while walking past the table where I was sitting. He didn’t even acknowledge my presence, intentionally or non-intentionally…I didn’t know. And that shattered me.
I saw them sitting at the corner table while talking and laughing together. I recalled the time we used to do that. Someday, I used to be in her place. I was being replaced now…
I felt insecure again. Of how perfect they looked together, of how she could make him laugh the same way I did, of how close they seemed to be. I didn’t want to admit, but she seemed so better than me in every way.
I think he agreed too…
But I didn’t want to give up so easily. Call me foolish, call me desperate, call me pathetic, I don’t care. I had committed to this friendship leaving my feelings behind, and now to leave this friendship too? No, I couldn’t let that happen. I’d keep making efforts until the end.
Love
Your Owner