Chapter 3

20th August 2011
Dear Diary,
People often believe that Pretty faces don’t have the kindest hearts. I would like to strongly deny that. Pretty faces can have kindest hearts too. I saw that myself today.
I had my first periods today. Before now, I had no idea about it at all. It was during lunch break when I felt stomach pain and as I was going in the direction of washroom, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist which stopped me on my way. I was shocked as I looked down to see that it was a male’s arms. I turned around to meet those hazel brown eyes and the same male figure, I stare at from far. Never have I been so surprised before.
Don’t misunderstand. Your skirt has blood stain so I used my jacket to cover it., he said in his deep voice.
It was then that I realised, he surrounded his arms around me to tie up his jacket to cover my stain. But that made me panic more. Why was there a blood stain on my skirt?
He must have seen me panicking to which he replied, “I guess you may not have any idea. But don’t panic. It’s your first periods. It’s normal for girls to have it during which there is bleeding. I know it since I have a sister.
I felt my heart beating loudly against my chest. I was overwhelmed by his kindness. I don’t even know what embarrassment I’d have faced if he didn’t help.
But before I could say anything, one of his friends called and he walked away.
You can keep it for now and return it later.”, he was referring to the jacket as he walked away.
I still have his jacket which I brought from school with me. It smells like him. My stomach still fills with butterflies as I think of the incident today. Should I return it to him tomorrow?
Love
Your Owner