Chapter 14

15th October 2012
Dear Diary,
So what do you want me to do? I’m already having a hectic schedule to follow and have burdens to be taken care of due to which I can’t take out as much time as I used to in the past. Can’t you try to understand a bit?
That was his reply when I mentioned how less time he was giving me. I’m not being an attention seeker. As his friend, ofcourse I’d want some time of him to talk and also for him to say everything happening in his life to me like he used to do in the past. Now, he rarely speaks up anything. He only talks when I ask him something. His eyes doesn’t spark anymore while talking to me like it used to be. But I was trying hard not to let it affect our friendship. Usually I was the one who used to be quite, listening to him patiently but now, I used to initiate most of our conversation talking about just anything to keep the conversation going because I was afraid that once our conversation stopped, it’d be a stop to our friendship.
And he asked me to understand? He thinks I don’t understand him? If I didn’t understand him, I wouldn’t have saved him from the bully. If I didn’t understand him, I wouldn’t have agreed to be his friend knowing well about my feelings for him. If I didn’t understand him I wouldn’t be trying so hard to keep this friendship intact considering he was ‘too busy’ and had ‘too many burdens’ to handle.
To be honest I’m starting to feel that our friendship is losing it’s glow. But I’m still trying desperately holding onto it. But why does it feel like it’s only me who’s trying?
Love
Your Owner