The Promise

Jungkook stepped closer to Taehyung, " What even the fucking world are you saying? "

Taehyung let out a dry chuckle, " What? Surprised? You thought I wouldn't know about how your little brain works? You thought I wouldn't be able to understand why you were doing all this? " He facepalmed himself, " Ho- how could I believe you? I- I accepted the deal, I- I started living in your mansion. I- I I thought it was all the truth. "

Jungkook stood there stuck, not being able to even move himself or defend himself.

𝑊𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑖𝑚?

" Wh- what do you mean? Taehyung, it's- why I was doing all these things? What do you have, huh? What do you own? 𝑁𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔. What would I want from 𝑦𝑜𝑢? " He asked calmly,

Taehyung nodded, staring the ground, and then abruptly looked up to let his eyes meet Jungkook’s again, " What I have? 𝑁𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔. You wanted to test. You wanted to test people like me, who are in need and how to make a good use of them. How to make them feel that you're not like others but you all are same. Fucking pathetic money dependants. " He said poking his index finger at Jungkook’s chest,

Jungkook laughed, mockingly. " You think I helped you for that? Great. You're definitely going to be a 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑙𝑎𝑤𝑦𝑒𝑟, am sure. You think I've time to think about others? People like you? I don't have to test, Kim, they depend on me. You all depend on me. Your father depended on me. You were brought into this world, you were fed by the money I gave to your father. By the money Jeon's gave to your father. You think I would do all this just to test? Just to see? Huh? "

He grabbed Taehyung’s biceps, and pulled him close, their chest colliding in result. " You think the people work for me are all millionares? My maids, my chefs, my guards, my stylists, every single worker is a fucking millionaire? They work for me just as a part time job? Even if as according to you I wanted to test, I would chose you? When I have thousands of others for me at my feet? " He sighed, and pressed Taehyung against the wall harshly.

" You know what's the truth? What's the real truth? " He asked with gritted teeth, staring at Taehyung’s blank face, whose mind was still in shock of whatever left Jungkook’s mouth earlier, but their eyes didn't break the contact even for a second.

" The truth is you don't consider yourself worthy enough. You don't believe yourself. You think so low of yourself that after all these months you still can't believe that a person like me is helping you out. Therefore, you're doubting my intentions, my care, my affection, everything I do. You're doing your best to find any clue which can point out that am doing it from some wrong intentions, whether to insult your current miserable state or to insult you because of your rank. Deep down we both know the reality, you know. But your insecurities about yourself aren't letting you believe- "

" St- stop...Stop! Do- don't say anything. Do- don't. " Taehyung cried, his figure trembling from the whips of Jungkook’s words, from the truth behind his words. Taehyung stumbled back, freeing himself from Jungkook’s hold. He leaned against the slab, his hands desperately holding onto the slab, his knuckles turning white from the amount of force he was applying.

His back now faced Jungkook, who just stood there taking in his state. The kind of state in which he always had a encounter with him, the state in which he always found him. His eyes were letting out tears like they were nothing, just a useless body fluid with excess of salt. Nothing more. He didn't know his words would affect him in such a way, because he didn't even had courage to look up and meet his blue oceans with Jungkook.