chapter 23

Gavi and I were kind of in a Cold War. Yesterday was crazy, but we didn't say a word to each other the entire time somehow. I didn't want to be the one to give up and call him, but it was getting to the point where I felt like I was going to have to. I really didn't know where we fell apart. I wanted to blame Spencer, but it was bigger that that. It felt like we were just never meant to be.

Since tomorrow was the big game day, I had a lot of content to make. I woke up at 8am and got dressed in a pair of jeans and a t shirt. I wore my blue and red blazers. I wanted to stop at the Barca store on the way back to get a new jersey because I didn't want to wear the Gavi one.

When I got to my office, I turned on my computer and went to my editing sight to make a game day roster. I decided to use Gavi as the background, hoping to send some sort of subliminal message. Once I was done with that, I grabbed my camera to get some training footage. I went out to the field where the boys were training and started taking some videos or Ter Stegan goal keeping.

While I was taking videos of the others, I couldn't stop watching at Gavi. He seemed so melancholy. Every time he kicked the ball he would do it with sadness, not anger like usual. I was just standing there with my camera taking videos of nothing while staring at Gavi.

"Watcha looking at?" Frenkie asked, sneaking up behind me.

"Uh, a butterfly?" I lied.

"Is that what we're calling Gavi now?"

"Die."

"I know the field is beautiful, but everyone is that way," he said, pushing my camera towards the team.

"Leave."

"Just call him," he said, running off. I thought about it. Yesterday was weird, but it did get me thinking. Did we make the right decision?

I only stayed for one of their six hour practice. When I went back to my office I edited the training montage which took way too long. I couldn't stop watching the footage of Gavi. He was so effortlessly gorgeous. He didn't even have to try to be beautiful. I wanted to call him, I was looking for some kind of sign. I felt like I couldn't go back to the mess I made.

For the rest of my work day I just responded to emails, comments and DM's. Boring days were my favorite, especially sunny ones. When I was done with work, the boys were done with practice, so I went out to say hi to Raphinha.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," he replied, walking out the door, "where are you headed?"

"The Barca store," I said.

"Why, can't be seen wearing a Gavi jersey?" My face turned bright red.

"No," I lied.

"We all know, you don't have to lie. Want a ride?" He asked.

"Sure."

GAVI'S POV:

I hated this stage. I could tell she wasn't going to talk to me, but I just couldn't let her go. She wouldn't leave my head. All morning I couldn't stop thinking about her. I would catch myself humming her favorite songs all the time.

I watched her all morning at practice, but she didn't even seem to notice that I was there. Either she was done with me or was a really good actress. One minute I would think she still loved me, then I would see her laughing with Pablo, or Frenkie.

When I was leaving practice, I saw her talking with Raphinha. I couldn't hear their conversation, but she looked red, and he was laughing, then, she got into his car. Time stopped. I didn't know how much longer I would be able to take seeing her with other people before letting my head be the football.

CLEOS POV:

"You want a piece of gum?" Raphinha asked, handing me a slice.

"Sure," I replied. "So how's football going for you?"

"I can't make a goal for the life of me," he said.

"You scored like last week."

"Yeah, a lot can happen in a week, you would know."

"Oh wow, someone is feeling mean today."

"If I was feeling mean I would have taken Gavi home today," he said.

"What's your obsession with us? Why does everyone care so much?"

"You guys are interesting. It's like an episode of Dance Moms."

"No it's not, except for Gavi and Frenkies tussle yesterday."

"Why did you say tussle?"

"Uh why not? Verbage." I said.

The rest of the car ride was quiet, but it was only five minutes. It felt like everyone was all up in my business. I didn't understand why it mattered to anyone else if Gavi and I were together or not, just a few days ago everyone wanted us to break up. Once we got there, Raphinha was instantly mobbed by fans, so I went to look for a plain jersey. I found one pretty quickly, so I went to go find Raphinha and pay.

"Ready to go?" I asked him. He was signing a fans jersey.

"Go pay, the find me," He said.

"Fine," I said, then went to go pay. When I got up to the checkout I handed the woman the jersey.

"Just this for you?" She asked.

"Yep!" I replied. I pulled out my card.

"I'm sorry, unfortunately, our card machine is overloaded right now," She said.

"Oh, um thanks anyways." I said, walking away. I was upset because now I had nothing to wear. I went to find Raphinha.

"Why didn't you get anything?" He asked me.

"There card machine is frozen," I explained.

"Damn, you ready to go then?" He asked. I nodded, then we went to his car.

"Should I wear a red or blue shirt?" I wondered.

"You should wear the Gavi jersey."

"That wasn't an option," I said. He was right, I could wear it, but it would be awkward. Gavi would think I'm obsessed.

"I know that you guys are pretending to hate each other right now, but its our biggest game of the season, you can't not wear a jersey." He said, and again, he was right. The rest of the ride we talked about the game, and how we were dreading the bus ride there.

"Thanks, Raphinha." I said, getting out of his car.

"You're welcome, and wear the jersey," He said as I walked away.

A/N: GUYS FOLLOW ME ON SOUNDCLOUD @MAGICCHEER222