twenty

"Did you warn Payakan?" I asked Lo'ak as we arrived to my marui.
"He's gone far away." Lo'ak nodded. "For now."
"I'm sorry Lo'ak. I know you bonded with him." I sighed as I brought my hand up to pushed his locks out of his face, he stared down at me with his yellow orbs, a small smirk lying on his lips.
"It's okay. He'll be back." Lo'ak told me.
"Besides, it gives me more time to focus on my bonds here."
My heart felt as if it was beating a million times in a second.
"What bonds?" I asked him.
"I think I've found someone special." He told me.
"Who is it?" I gulped.
"She's called Mali."
My heart dropped and I continued to nod my head, bringing my hand down from his face.
"Oh yes... she's a good dancer." I told him and he laughed, catching my hand and putting it where it was, resting it against his cheek.
"There is no one called Mali here on this island." He poked me.
"Skxawng." He smirked and I slapped the back of his head, annoyed.
"You are!" I told him and he let out a laugh, his arms snaking around my waist as he pushed me back further into my marui.
"Goodnight." He kissed the top of my head and turned around slowly, he also walked away slowly. I could tell he wanted me to tell him to stay.
"Goodnight." I smirked and he walked slower.
"Who'll protect me from the monsters?" I sighed out and he turned around frantically.
"I will!" He spoke and I giggled as he coughed awkwardly, cleansing his throat.
"If you want." He shrugged.
"Hmm... I don't know, I was thinking someone more manly." I told him and he puffed his chest out, I leant my head back in laughter and he smiled at this.
"Better?" He asked and I couldn't speak as I was laughing so much.
"Your laugh is the cutest thing ever." He kissed the side of my head.
"Wont your dad be wondering where you are?" I asked him and he pondered on this for a few seconds.
"Good point." He ran off and returned soon, smiling widely, and also panting.
"Did you run?" I asked him, another laugh brewing in my stomach.
"Yes. He did." Jake appeared in the doorway and Lo'ak rolled his eyes at his dad's presence.
"Be good." He told Lo'ak sternly.
"I'm not a kid." His son retorted.
"We'll agree to disagree." His dad smiled.
"Arguable." I said at the same time and we both turned to each other, getting the joy out of annoying Lo'ak, which seemed to have worked as his face was not impressed by all means.
"Goodnight." Jake disappeared and Lo'ak rolled his eyes.
"He treats me like a child."
"You are." I giggled and he walked up to me, his height towering me as he looked down.
"I'm not." His voice rasped and my eyes widened.
"Okay." Was all I managed to say and he smirked at this, his eyes flickering down to my lips, then to my eyes again, then down to my lips.
"You have gave me a lot of kisses on my head Lo'ak." I told him and he looked at me, a frown furrowing his brows.
"You don't like them?" He asked.
"I do."
He stared at me for a few beats before titling this head, like he didn't quite understand what I meant.
"Are you going to kiss me properly, Lo'ak?"
I was pretty sure I heard an almost non-audible "shit." leave his mouth but I stayed there, staring up at him as his lips came crashing down onto mine.