thirteen

The next morning, Aonung was gone before I had woken up, which was only due to the fact that Tuk was in my marui, begging for me to wake up.
"TUK!" Neytiri yelled after her as she appeared in the doorway a few seconds later.
"I am so sorry Laya! I tried to stop her." Neytiri scolded her daughter as she pulled her back.
"I just want to make necklaces with you again!" Tuk pouted and I laughed, sitting upright and grabbing my basket.
"It is no problem Neytiri." I told her mother before looking down at Tuk.
"I have some pretty shells." I emptied out the contents and watched as she grabbed a piece of seaweed.
"Did Aonung get scolded yesterday?" Neytiri asked me and I nodded.
"A lot." I told her and she inhaled sharply.
"I'm not sure where he is, he was gone when I woke." I explained.
"He's over with Lo'ak and Neteyam, teaching them to communicate using fingers and hands?" She questioned.
"Finger talk." I smiled and signed to Tuk.
'You are beautiful.'
She grinned and giggled.
"What does it mean?"
"You are beautiful." I told her and she hugged me.
"I'm so glad I met you Laya." She told me and I smiled, hugging her back.
"I'm glad I met you Tuk."
Tuk and I spent the rest of the day making necklaces, Neytiri helped out occasionally but she was more interested in knowing my past, which I didn't mind telling her, she was Neytiri, she and I had bonded more in the time she had been here than the 18 years I had known Ronal, and that was just because of different personalities, it didn't mean Ronal was a bad person, it just meant we didn't communicate as well as Neytiri and I. It didn't mean Ronal didn't love me any less, I knew she did, she was just... not the best at showing it.
My spirit sister, Irona, was the calf to her spirit sister, Roa.
They were due to return this season, any time now.
"QUICKLY! HELP!" My ears perked up at the worried voice of Tsierya.
Her and Rotxo both emerged from the water with Kiri in their arms, she was unconscious. Neteyam, Lo'ak and Aonung ran over to help.
"KIRI!" Neytiri screamed and I ran with her as Kiri was placed on the sand.
"What happened?" I asked.
"She connected to the spirit tree and then she started to have a seizure." Tsierya explained and I scanned her body. She was still breathing, but barely.
"KIRI!" Jake yelled as he ran down the dock with Tonowari.
"Help her dad!" Tuk cried and I bought her head into my chest, stroking her locks as I looked down at Kiri.
"I'm calling for norm."

Whoever Norm was, he wasn't much help, and his big sky machine wasn't either, I stood outside, my tail swaying impatiently as I saw Ronal walk along, holding her healing basket in her hand.
"I see I am not needed." She announced as she examined the scene in front of her.
"You are Tsahìk." Neytiri hissed.
"Then remove these things!" Ronal replied,  handing me her basket.
"OUT!" Neytiri yelled to Jake and his friends.
"Go go go." Jake whispered.
"YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING!" Neytiri boomed and they all scrambled out of the room.
I kneeled beside Kiri as I held her head.
"Eywa... srung si ayoe." Eywa, help us. I repeated as Ronal poked her stomach, calling for Eywa to help.
"Stawm ayoe." Hear us. I blew against my hands as Tuk sat next to me, watching over her sister, it took a few tries but Tuk gasped, Kiri's eyes fluttered.
"Kiri... you're awake." She smiled happily.
Ronal let out a breath as she looked at me, she closed her eyes and signed to me.
'You did well my child.'
'And you Ronal, please rest.'
Neytiri and Tuk both hugged Kiri, and I stood up, following Ronal out.
"She is awake." I told Jake and Neteyam, and Lo'ak, they all sighed in relief.
"Thank you. Thank Eywa. Thank you." Jake kissed his hands before bowing his head.
"Irayo." Thank you. Neteyam thanked me and I shook my head.
"I should rest. I am tired." I explained.
"Of course." Jake nodded, I passed Lo'ak, who I exchanged a glance with before heading back to my pod.