Twenty three

A/n: is it normal to physically shake when you answer a question why am I like this

The mask stared back at you. Someone must've put it back on out of respect.

Vanessa was left sprawled on the floor to rot, guess everybody was busy panicking to notice her. You kneeled next to her and extended a hand to remove her mask. Her blonde hair getting tangled and sticking to her face.

It feels useless. You wanted her alive for a little bit more and you wanted answers. Heather was everything to you, and she was violently taken away from you. Now you're not sure what's your purpose. You've already failed with protecting, your creator is dead.

A flash of purple flickered in her soulless eyes and quickly disappeared. "Who are you? What do you want?"

That question was soon answered when you felt your system overheat. It materialized before you, its droopy ears perked up at the sight of you. The glitch has finally decided to stop hiding. You were still kneeling. You looked up and it stared down at you.

"Dave, William, springtrap..." It said. "I go by many names! You must be [Y/N]!"

"That's K9 to you," You snarled.

"Thank you! You've helped me a lot!" It exclaimed as it nonchalantly strolled around you in a circle. "You're friends really trust you, huh?" Its grin grew wider.

You're breathing got stuck in your throat. "What did you do?" The urgency could be heard in your voice.

"What I need to do! I've been waiting for this!"

You stood up and marched towards it. "What did you do?" You scanned the area around you. "Answer me."

"You ask too many questions. But, I suppose you deserve some answers," He pondered as he put a finger under his chin. "You've been glitched from the very beginning, Vanessa was just aiding me in weakening you."

You stood very still and waited for it to continue. fighting the urge to sprint to Rockstar Row. Your vision was purple but you could still function.

"When Heather died, you lost one of your main purposes, except for one," He added. "Protect. Fight back. Report any abnormalities."

It was beginning to blur and disappear. "You fight back, but you failed at protecting. You fight back, but you never report to management. Selfishly thinking that you can handle it yourself."

You thought about all the times you dragged Freddy and Jeremy with you. They're on your side and they never questioned you. With their help you found Bonnie. And with their help you caught Vanessa. But you never actually destroyed the source. This is the source.

"I am a part of you," It finally explained. "Ever since your endoskeleton was put together. I was there. Even Heather noticed."

Realization dawned on you. I'm the source.

"I always come back, I told you I would become immortal," It argued with no one. "And I've done it!" It exclaimed triumphantly.

"Go on. Find your friends!" It shooed you. "Or did you lose them too? You really are useless."

You broke into a sprint as you beelined to Rockstar Row, shoving bots out of the way. You arrived and stopped to scan the area. Bonnie, Jeremy, and Gregory are still here. But where are the others?

You went to your room first and startled Jeremy who was in deep sleep. The metal door opened with a bang and even Bonnie was caught off guard. "K9? What's wrong?" Bonnie asked.

You unlocked a cabinet and reached inside. Pulling out a gun you've been waiting to use. "Woah, what are you doing?" You heard Jeremy yell from behind you as you ran to Freddy's room.

"Gregory?" You called out and he shoved some pillows away from him. Blinking to adjust to the light.

"... What," he murmured.

"Where's Freddy?" You asked and he was taken aback by your tone.

"I thought he was with you...?" He replied. Pure confusion on his face. "You went to the Daycare theater, no?"

"I have not seen him nor did I take him with me!" You yelled as Jeremy and Bonnie finally reached you.

Bonnie stood behind you and put a hand on your shoulder. "K9, we can help, so please, explain."

"Follow me," You said without an explanation. And they all obeyed anyway.