Four

The animatronics raised their heads to the audience just in time for the applause of the crowd, each of them with a different reaction, Freddy was smiling brightly while Roxy and Monty smirked, and Chica got closer to the kids just to high-five them.

You weren't sure how you were supposed to feel at the moment, what Vanessa said left a mark. But maybe it's true, replacing her with an animatronic programmed to guard and fight back does sound like something this company would do, you still feel like you caused a problem.

Vanessa seemed threatened by the fact that you're here, she probably thinks that you're taunting her, she probably knew about the new animatronic in development and tried to stop it, but ended up failing, because now you're here.

"Mistake..." you said to yourself, repeating that conversation inside your head.

Was it so bad to the point that they had to build something to fix it? you looked around you, you could easily sense the happiness and laughter surrounding you, but at the same time, hatred.

"—Five kids? Already? They opened a month ago!" a man complained from the farthest corner next to the elevator.

Your ears raised the volume and twitched slightly, making it easy to understand what they were saying.

"It's like a curse..." a girl responded to him, "Whatever...I'm hungry..." she pointed towards something and they proceeded to go on with their day.

Rehearsal room...rehearsal room!

You felt guilty for forgetting, it should be around the stage somewhere, the animatronics gave the audience one last wave before the stage glowed and dropped, it lowered them like an elevator and the gathering was pushed back by security.

You rushed down the escalator and excused yourself from the confused kids that wanted to get closer, the stage raised again but this time nobody was there, the colored lights shut down and the crowd dispersed to the several attractions open.

You stepped onto the stage and searched until you got to the back of the stage and found a red door.

"That's the rehearsal room..." a girl in uniform pointed out, she shrugged. "isn't that where you wanna go?" Her voice echoed through the open stage.

"It is, thank you." you opened the door and found nobody, "...oh" your ears dropped.

"They'll be here soon don't worry," the girl said as she walked away with a hurried-looking man.

You went inside and sat on the bright red chairs placed next to each other in a group, it got awkward quickly, but you can't help but stare at their instruments that were kept safe in the corner.

But you weren't built to perform, instead, you stand by idly and make sure everything is safe. You suddenly felt left out thinking about it.

You got up to take a look around, different posters shined under the lights, it looks like the pictures were taken in the middle of a concert since the poses seem a little blurry, but you can still imagine how fun it was.

You heard a group of heavy footsteps get closer to the door followed by laughter, "Somebody should take away your claws!" a voice complained.

You panicked and went back to your seat, suddenly now you feel scared.

"Who is that?" a tall gray wolf animatronic put a hand on her hip as she looked down at you.

"That's a cute uniform?" The porcelain white animatronic responded.

"You find anything cute chica!"

"Oh, [Y/n]!" Freddy got closer while the others stared, "don't mind them, we didn't expect the new member to be done this fast"

"It seems like they needed a security upgrade?" You said while avoiding his eyes, which is harder than it looks.

"I fought back against some guards, so what?!" Monty said after Roxy shot him a side glare.

The group stood by you now, "can I ask why?" You said to him.

"Malfunction..." Chica whispered as she took a seat next to you, "it was so funny! They went flying!" Her aggressive hand gestures showed how expressive she is.

Monty sat farther away from the rest, "we already met, you really don't know how to handle attention..." He said and you immediately knew what he was talking about.

"I just wanted to get to the elevator, hold on how did you see that?"

"I followed you after I hid behind the utility tunnels door," He said so casually that it feels like he did this before, "Hey, we have the same claws." he raised his right hand.

You looked down at your hand, the same shiny claws.

"Great, now you both can break things..." Roxy mumbled.

"Great idea, Roxy!" Monty replied so loudly that it reminded you to lower the volume.

"So I'm assuming you'll start doing actual security stuff tomorrow?" Chica said as she suddenly jumped from behind me.

"Wha-uh- yeah" you stuttered, not sure if that's true.

"Chica, [Y/n] will be guarding rockstar row during the daytime, but at nighttime, they will be located in the main atrium." Freddy explained.

"How did you know?" Roxy comments as she focuses on her nails like she's more interested in that than his answer.

"Heather told me!" He said with a smile, "She forget to tell you...but she told me to say sorry for her!"

"...it's fine, she seems like the type," You said.

"This building is now on lockdown, emergency protocols activated." the intercom interrupted, startling chica, and making her hide behind you.

"What happened...?" Freddy said while looking up at the turned-off security cameras.

"Move, [Y/n], isn't that your job?!" Roxy exclaimed, she sounded almost scared.

You got up and fixed your hat and badge, ready to deal with whatever activated the security system.