The realization

Author's note
Bonjour, servus, hola, namaste!! To all my readers.
Thank you soo much for those who took time to read review and vote. To those who didn't consider this good enough to vote, your opinion is respected, though I promise that I'll improve with every chapter.

This chapter is dedicated to Myinsane_Imagination for being an amazing friend. Please support us on our journey as authors.

Thanks again. Happy reading...:)
With love ~ghana.

************************************
Here I was sitting on my window lane, holding my favorite book in hand, thoughts wandering far away from the book.

It was annoying, how the book that I had read 100 times, that never failed to lighten up my mood, which once brought smile to my face, was of no help today.

As I simply laid there wondering, yesterday's events came rushing through my mind.
The day was freaking perfect, everything was going in a better way than expected.

Then, had arrived the shock of my life. My best friend had proposed me!! and me being the coward that I was, ran away without answering him. Dumbest act? Yes I guess so.
Instead of facing the situation, I chose an easy option. To run away from the situation.

May be that's why people say, be sure of what you wish for. I was the one who wanted to feel the ups and downs, adventure, fun and spice in my life, and here I was, with an endangered friendship that I cherished.

Its amusing, how my life, which once used to be like a peaceful lake, now had whirlpools in it.

It was cowardly of me to run away from him like that.

Those were the sweetest words that I had ever heard from a person. Yet I couldn't accept his heart.

It was not that, Sky wasn't handsome or not a good person, in fact he was the most loyal and caring life partner, that any girl would ever wish for. Everything about him was perfect. But that was the thing, I didn't want some more perfection in my life. In my opinion, two people with common interests and personality can be bestest of friends but not life partners.
I wanted someone who was more like a puzzle to me, rather than an open book.

I couldn't bring myself to reject him. I could never see the disappointment in those baby blue eyes, that sure held the depth of an ocean.

His priority in my life was way ahead than anything. I couldn't accept his love, because he was more than that to me.

Yes. In my life, friendship had top priority than love life. I'd choose sky over any person if I had to do so. After all, he was the best thing that had ever happened to me.
But I can't be lying to him, I can't be faking a relationship. That would be an insult to his emotions.

Since yesterday, Sky had made no efforts to contact me. No calls, no messages, absolutely nothing. He was probably upset. Oh shit!! Sherlock is here. Of course he was upset. He didn't even push me for an answer, he rather waited patiently.

If he was using kill with kindness scheme, it sure was working.

Now, that I come to think of it, isn't friendship the base to every relationship? Isn't friendship the reason, we fear to express our emotions?
Somehow we are happy to be forever best friends, than risk everything and be uncertain boy friend / girl friend.

It must have taken, the courage in his every cell to bring himself to propose me. Gosh!!! Why did I had to act all that stupid? Now here it was, an awkward silence between us.