Chapter 18: Let's Rebel

Start from the beginning

He sighs and looks back at the professor, "More is not always better. Perhaps focus on your pupils instead of matters beyond your purview." he tells him.

Eyes widen in anger, Anders immediately bows to him, "Oh, forgive my hubris. Your advice is always illuminating." he stumbles over his words to him. "See you at dinner, dears." Lady de Rolo said to them as they walked out of the room.

Once they were gone, Anders raises his head and growled in answer. "Ugh, why do I bother?" he questions, standing at his full height, and turns away, pushing his glasses to his brow. "No one appreciates me. Not one at all," he mutters to him.

"Professor, it's just an experiment." Cassandra informs him as he walks past her, but stops and glares at her, "Not to me!" he snaps then ran his hand over his hair and steps to her, "You'll never appreciate the potential here. How could you, when everything is given and nothing is earned?" he questions, bending to her level.

This shocks Cassandra as he pulls back her and walks to the door. "Fanciful whelps," he mutters and walks to the door, and looks back at them.

"Pray you never wake to find reality knocking at your door," he warns them and walks out of the room, leaving the two heirs completely unaware of the dangers that lurked in the days to come.

~Present Day...~

In the dead of night, the rebels flee into the streets, as Vox Machina ran with them. "Spread the word of our escape. Rendezvous in the morning." Archie orders, the rebels nodded at him and break off down an alley.

Vox Machina retreats to the tavern, but Keyleth stops as she looks up at the Sun Tree as she looks to the double herself, horns were nailed into her head as she hung from the tree.

Jason ran back to her and places his hand on her shoulder, "Keyleth." he spoke, she frowns, looked at him, and turns away, the Paladin places his hand on her back and leads her away.

But he flicks his eyes at his own double and frowns in anger. Revenge was on his mind, as Justice for the innocent deaths that were slaughtered senselessly on the grounds of Whitestone needed and must be answered.

But his mind wonders to the Witch that morphed into a small kitten and was hiding behind her neck, something happened in that hall of the manor, and it scared her shitless and he knew nothing scared her, whether she would admit it or not. Questions rose in his head. Questions that deserved answers, willingly or not.

~8~8~8~

"Time to start talking, Percival." Vax orders as everyone was gathered at the underground hideout. "What the fuck happened back there?" Vax questions him as Jason stood next to him, his arms crossed and an angry frown on his face.

"I assure you, I'm in control." Percy answers him, and Jason scoffs, "In control? You look like a fucking psychopath when you were standing over that dead body and I'm pretty sure it was missing limbs." Jason snaps at him.

Keyleth frowns and looks down at the shaking kitten in her hands. "Oh, were in your control when you pointed that at me? I saw your eyes." Vax adds in.

"The pepperbox is a potent tool," Percy argues as he flicks his eyes away. "I-I may have gotten carried away," he admits. Jason just glares at him. "May have gotten? Do you even hear yourself? You were a completely different person by the time we got there." Jason snaps at him.

Percy flicks his eyes at him, "And while you were getting carried away, you scared Kyria so bad, she's too afraid to even change back." he shot at him, gesturing to the black kitten in Keyleth's hand.

The small little ball of fur that was curled into herself, shaking in the druid's hand, trying to cover her head, trying to hide. Percy just looks at the little thing, sighing as he sat on the steps.