Chapter 2: The Actual Fuck

Morning came as the party walks through the streets and up the steps to the castle of cloudtop. "We're really gonna see the sovereign looking like this?" Keyleth questions. "Do you know of where we can find a tavern where we haven't caused trouble, Keyleth?" Jason questions her.

She just frowns as they walk to the door. "Halt!" the guards order, but Vex pulls the sign out from her pocket, crumbled it into a ball, then she flicks it out and held up. "Okay. We'll take you in, but the bear waits outside," they order them.

The party looks back at Trinket, frowning sadly as Trinket just lowers his furry head, the doors open and the party walks inside, the guard shrinks back at their smell as Vex kneels in front of her bear. "It's okay, buddy. We'll be back soon," she assures him and follows after the others.

Trinket just sat down, growling to himself as the guard look back and just stare at the armored bear before them.

~8~8~8~

Uriel was meeting with the other council members as they were discussing the safety of the city. "Lady Kima, it is imperative Lord and Lady Briarwood join us," he orders them.

Vox Machina walks up to the floor, looking up at the people just above them "Sire, Whitestone hasn't been heard from in months. Our last messenger never returned." Kima informs him, "Excuse me? Excuse me." Keyleth calls out, "They must be warned of these attacks. Send another guardsman straight away." Uriel orders him.

Keyleth just frowns and Grog belches as it echos through the whole room, finally getting the council's attention as they look down at the party before them, "I'm sorry, who the hell are you?" Kima questions them, "Vox Machina." Percy answers. Jason rolls his eyes, hates when Percy does this. "You see, it's actually a somewhat clever play on words..." he starts, "Honestly, we don't care." Sir Fince cuts him off.

"Oh thank the gods," Jason whines again, hunching forward. "Sire, I did warn you the notices would attract the scum of the Emon." he went on, and the council files out to look at them, "Excuse you?" Vex questions, wondering if she heard right. "I think Sir Fince means a foe this deadly requires more seasoned..." Krieg warns them.

"Fuck you and your ass-kissing. One's enough." Kyria calls out, pointing at the general. She then drops her arm, slumming in her stance. Kreig... almost grins at her, seeing her lean against Keyleth's shoulder for support. Percy shot a glare at her. "Krieg, don't bother with these drunken buffoons. Guards?" Sir Fince calls out.

The guards came out, shoving them back. Keyleth and Kyria stumble between them, Percy stumbles into the half-giant, and the twins glared at one guard as Grog and Jason growl at the others. Pike just jumps awake and Scanlan just looked offended. "Buffoons? Clearly, you've never heard of the legend of Vox Machina," he calls out, pulling his lute out. "Allow me to give you a proper introduction," he said, strumming the strings.

Kyria and Jason just groan "Oh, gods, here we go." Vax mutters to himself, hanging his head.

Your Excellence tried the best fighters.

Who've adventured far and wide.

But I promise

That you've never met a troop so qualified.

Scanlan's arcane magic weaves through the lute strings as the scene around them puffs into smoke, changing before their very eyes.

There's Grog's our mighty giant

He's a simpleminded hulk