Chapter 13: Leaving Emon

It was a quiet morning here in Emon, people having yet to awaken from their slumbers.

"Stop!"

Guards cry out as the twin Vex'ahlia and Vax'ildan were running through the alley, the guards right on their tail as they were still wanted for... attempted assault of the Briarwoods.

They quickly dart around the corner, minding the twist, trying to lose them, "Get back here!" the guards continue to chase them.

Vax came to a stop, flaring as he get back into cover as more guards were waiting just around the turn. "Where'd they go?" a guard questions as they looked around the alley "You see 'em?" the second guard asks as they kept their eyes peeled.

The twin waited for a moment then book it, getting the guard's attention. "Over here! Come on!" he calls out and they gave chase, but as they turn the corner, the twins were already gone.

Making it to the market, the twins ran for The Glorious Goods shop, but jumps down to the storm strain, Vex tries to pull it off, but it wouldn't budge. Then a squirrel crawls off her shoulder as a flying squirrel did the same from Vax's shoulder.

They both crawled down the twins' arms and jump through the bars, once inside, they shifted back to Keyleth and Kyria as they landed on their feet.

"Eyes open, lads!" a guard calls out as the twins looked back seeing the two Ashari appear at the storm drain and grip the bars. "This way men! They went this way!" guards call out as they raced into the market.

Once they arrived, there was no trace of them or where they ran off to. "Come on. They can't be far." a guard shouts as they moved on. Just inside the storm drain, Vax peeks out, seeing the guards leave.

Then he looks to the three women next to him and nods, moving quietly, they moved swiftly, using the trap door, and entered Gilmore's shop from the floor.

They looked around the room for whatever supplies they will need, "Oh, man, being bad is so exciting." Keyleth whispers to them. Kyria arches her brow at her as she stops her snooping.

But then suddenly a prism cube entraps them, taking them by surprise as they were lifted into the air. "Oh, crap," Kyria mutters as the lights suddenly came on, lighting up the entire shop. Keyleth just looks around the prism cube.

Then Gilmore clears his throat and the four turn back, seeing he was looking right at them. "Ooh, crime doesn't pay, but it is entertaining," he tells them. They just looked at him, shocked as Vax and Kyria just chuckles nervously.

He walks down the steps and with a snap of his fingers, the prism drops and they shout, falling on top of each other. Then Keyleth stood to her feet, "Uh, we weren't breaking in or anything." she tells him as Kyria pulls herself to her feet, rubbing her arm. "Just, you know, sort of on the run." Keyleth went on then frowns to herself.

Then Vax steps in front, "A quick stop at your store on our way out of town." he informs him, as Kyria shrugs at him. "While it was close. I assume you were going to leave an IOU?" he questions, arching his brow at them.

They look away, hesitating to answer for a moment. "Of course, darling. You know us." vex said as they walk past him. Gilmore just looks back at them and grins. "All too well," he answers.

Vex and Keyleth were shopping for the supplies as Vax was still out the counter and Kyria stood next to the magical items, "Dagger, dagger, dagger... wooden stake. Perfect." he said, picking up the weapon.

Vex drops the arrows onto the counter. Getting their attention "I'll take these enchanted arrows." she said, Keyleth walks up with a box of supplies "and as much garlic you can spare." she said as well, placing the crate on the table. Kyria walks up with a few selections of potions. "And every mana potion you have on display," she said as well.