"Spinellis right Dee, you're as skinny as a stick, he'd break you!" TJ said not letting her go, knowing that she'd try to make it so that no other kid was bullied by Gelman, by taking that place herself.

"But-" Dede started but was cut off by the boys bathroom door that was connected to the playground, opening and poor Gus walking out. "Oh no! GELM-" Spinelli quickly covered Dedes mouth as both she and TJ kept Dede down, knowing it was already too late for Gus as Gelman already had his eyes on him, walking over to his new victim.

"Hey, where did everybody go?" Gus asked, looking around.

"You!" Gelman pointed at him.

"Me?"

"What's your name, kid?"

"G-Gus Griswald, sir."

"I don't like you, Griswald."

"Well, I bet you would if you got to know me." Gus smiles before Gelman picks him up and carries him under his arm. "Whoa! Lots of kids like me. Well, maybe not lots, but some. Please, please, don't do this to me, I'm a really nice guy." Gus begged as he saw Gelman walk over to a trash bin and hold him over it.

"Oh, I'm not a nice guy, Griswald. I'm not a nice guy and I don't like you. Which means from now on, whenever I see you pale, pasty face, I'm sticking it where it belongs, in here!" Gelman said before he stuffed Gus in the trash bin, putting the lid on so only Gus' eyes were seen. "Any questions?"

"Not really, no."

"Good. See you tomorrow, garbage boy." Gelman laughed as he walked away, leaving gus there, when the coast was clear, TJ and Spinelli finally let Dede go and raced over to the trash bin that Gus was stuffed Into.

"Gus, Gus, are you okay?" TJ asked, taking the lid off.

"I think so." Gus replies.

"Man, that Gelman guy is such a jerk." Scoffed Spinelli.

"Yeah, somebody ought to teach him a lesson." Said Vince.

"Oh, really!" Dede said standing behind them all, making them all flinch as that was what she was trying to do. Dede sighed before walking up to Gus. "I'm sorry, Gus. I tried to get Gelman to focus on me as his next target, because I know I can handle him, but SOME people-" she glared back pointedly at her other friends as they looked away. "Clearly don't think I can take care of myself."

"Oh, come on Dee, you know that's not why we stop you." TJ said trying to calm the situation down, but she just turned away from them.

"It's alright, Dede, I appreciate it, but I'll be fine." Gus reassured. "oh, who am I kidding, I'm gonna be picked on by the biggest, meanest guy on the playground, and all because I went to the bathroom."

"Hey, guys like Gelman won't pick on guys that are surrounded by their friends." TJ suggested wanting to calm both his annoyed and upset friends down.

"TJs right, there's safety in numbers." Said Gretchen.

"Yeah, if we stick close to you, you should be ok." Vince agrees.

"Well, yeah, but how close can you stick?" Gus asked.

The next day at morning recess we see the gang walk out of the school Gus in the middle with the boys in front and the girls in the back, covering all angles. They first went to the swings, then the boy's bathroom, which the girls stood outside for before walking around on the playground, this time with the girls leading and the boys following. However, it was about this time that the plan failed as while they were walking they didn't notice Gus bend down to pick up a quarter.