Pilgrimage of dreams 15

When I enter the gate of the manor, the two gate guard’s bows and warmly welcome me.

“Welcome back young miss”

They were smiling and look at me warmly.

“Un”

Grunting a reply, I walk forward.

“Welcome back miss”

“How is the orphanage young miss?”

“Young miss…”

“Young miss… welcome back…”

Not only the guards but also the servants, all the servants I walk past greet me warmly.

I barely meet the servants as I stay mostly cooped up inside the library, my room and then the lab.

I have rarely met them, the handful of times I met them, they will greet me respectfully but never this enthusiastic and warm.

Although confused I just nod my head along the way.

As I walk further, the gardener grandpa wave at me. His wrinkly face became even more wrinkled when he smile.

“Young miss, thank you for the clothes. My old bone will surely be able to persist in such cold weather”

As gardener grandpa mentioned, I finally figured out where the sudden enthusiasm came from.

It was on my hindsight that I failed to notice all the servants wearing my specially crafted clothes. I was too focuses on looking ahead.

There are many ordinary servants in the manor and even for non-ordinary servants, channeling ether, qi, prana or whatever constantly to drive away the cold is tiring, especially to last through the whole winter.

Wrapping oneself in layers and layers of clothes is mandatory to keep oneself warm but it makes the movement of the body for their work cumbersome.

They can now finally move freely with the light clothes that will keep them warm as well.

Everyone should be well clothed and stay warm. They took great care of the manor after all.

It’s an employee benefit.

I also remember that I hand over a gas appliance to the kitchen servants as well.

The inside of the manor temperature is also just right after I inscribe the sigils on the wall, a modified but simplified version of sigils relating to humidity, heat, cold and other such sigils.

I break them apart and modify them, combining into an air conditioning like machine.

By the way, for the sigil to produce butane and propane for the flammable gas, I study the compounds present in the area. With ether, I create a type of capture sigil only dedicated to capturing butane and propane. I also break apart the gas type sigil, modify them and make a brand new sigil to produce only propane and butane.

I am so smart.

Haiz…

In any case, I want to go to the next step of my agenda.

That agenda is opening my store.

About selling the gun…

I…

I have a reason to hesitate after finally thinking of opening my store.

Biting my lips, I fall into silent contemplation.

That night, I sleep deeper than usual.

I found myself in a vast of emptiness again. Sometimes, I will sleep deeply without me being here but at times, I will found myself in this void like darkness.