Pilgrimage of Dreams 14

The dean and three of the staff workers stood at the front while the orphans are standing in a row, greetings the noble that visits the orphanage on the 24th of December.

“Young miss of the Volitient Duchy, a young sorcerer has forged clothe to keep the children warm during this harsh winter…”

The servants took a step forward and informed the dean.

On hearing that it was of the Ducal estate, the dean immediately bow down.

“Greetings to the lady”

The dean turns towards the children.

“Children, quickly thanks the benevolent lady”

She hurriedly instructs.

I step down from the carriage, holding the patchwork teddy bear a bit tighter. I peered at the orphanage children who barely have a warm enough clothes at this cold weather.

The servants that follow me walk around the children, giving them coat, gloves, pants, boots… to the children.

The coat was thin, on the surface it seems as if it should be of summer clothes.

The children secretly glance at me but I ignore them.

I wait patiently for the servants to deliver the clothes to all the children.

*

Skeptical expression adorns the faces of the children but the orphanage children kept it to themselves.

They have learned to not displease the nobles.

Even if it may not be able to warm them, adding another layer of clothes bore no harm in the cold weather.

The children started to put on the coat.

Warm…

The cold winter temperature that penetrates their clothes started to retreat, warmness engulf the wearer of the clothes little by little.

The children who wear the coat were surprised.

Perplexed.

The coat was so thin, just like a summer wear, how did it warm them up?

Question mark filled their heart.

“Young miss has inscribe a sigil that will make the clothes adjust to any temperature the wearer body needs”

They then heard the servant explanation.

The dean and the children gasp.

They said that runic and sigils are precious incantation, to use it on the clothes they wear, it was so wasteful…

Why did the noble do so?

The children curiously look at the beautiful silver hair girl. She is very elegant and has that prestige noble bearing.

A scholar monocle was adorned by the beautiful silver hair girl.

She seems grand, but the patchwork teddy bear she holds give a huge contrast to her noble bearings. She appears a bit cute in a way, a teddy bear with her serious expression.

They then saw the servants brought down yet another thing out. A cylindrical shape vase?

“This is a gas and this is a gas stove”

The servants started to demonstrate the used of the ‘Gas’ and ‘Gas stove’, when it was lit up, it generate fire.

“Wow”

“Fire…”

“Is that magic?”

The children exclaim in surprised.