Pilgrimage of Dreams

POD - 4

---

My mother, Kalea Volitient took off the spectacles she was putting on when I enter her study room or rather office.

There are book cabinets, a sofa and a beautiful curtain draping on the windows seams.

Enchanted papers are flying in an orderly manner placing itself on where it was supposed to be. Being a sorcerer is way too convenient!

There are paper men who were stamping some papers on the side or giving signatures. Who need assistant when you have paper man?

I turn my attention towards mother.

As always, she has a warm smile on her face. That gentle smile seems to be permanently etched on her lips.

The Duchess of Volitient has silver hair, I take after her. She has a pair of red eyes, I don't take after her. I took after my father blue eyes.

"Little Ruru, what brings you to mother?"

My mother asked, smiling benignly.

Duchess Kalea is beautiful, not just her appearance but also by the way she elegantly carries herself. The sense of calm maturity that she exudes, I always admire such type of woman.

Don't be silly, a woman who hold a duke position? How very awesome!

That's my mother everyone! Isn't she awesome?! Huh? Huh? Huh?

Meir Rusi Volitient. That is my full name. Rusi is my father sure name.

I suddenly became nervous when mother intently look at me. My mother aura however gentle it may be, her gaze as I perceive is sharp and somewhat … scary.

The gentle looking Duchess Kalea has a deceiving appearance of a harmless beauty but to sit on the position of the Duke seat, she is far from harmless.

Duchess Kalea is a Grand sorcerer who specialized in the law of destruction. Her side hobby is also anything but weak, she is a tamer and as I've heard she has tames the great dragon and have it as a pet.

I have never seen the said pet though.

I walk towards my mother table and place the thing I carried in my hand.

"Hmm"

Duchess Kalea tilts her head in question looking down at the item I place on her working table.

Once I feel that the items in the table caught mother attention, I open my mouth to finally make my request.

Ugh… My items are low level so I feel somewhat ashamed. But I'm still young I still have a place to grow!

"Mother, these are the items I made. I took an interest in forging, can I have one of the shop under us and sell the items I made?"

I speak as concisely as I could and makes my expression serious.

I remember, I have never ask of mother anything specific because I don't have to. All I do was reading so there really is not anything I wanted.

Is this the reason I'm nervous?

Maintaining my expression as serious as possible, I look at mother.

To start with, my facial muscle is always stiff and I have expressed my emotion only inside my innermost consciousness. So, most of the time, my expression became bland and stoic.

My mother only did a quick glance at the items on the table before looking back me. I stiffen up, having a bad premonition.

Duchess Kalea taps on the table slowly with her forefingers.

She opens her mouth at the fourth tap.

"I will if only little Ruru give mother a kiss on the cheek"

Wh- What? That's embarrassing!

"Mother" I speak a bit forcefully, my tone stiff.

"What?" My mother has an innocent expression and soon change into a wounded expression "Little Ruru would always take the initiative to give mother a kiss but ever since Little Ruru turns ten years old, I could count the amount you give mother a kiss on hand"

What the heck!

That was before I have my intact memory.

Even without my intact memory, I still know that a child that expresses intimacy is well-like so I did what I did those times.

But now with my full memory, it's hella embarrassing.

I look sideways and fiddle with the hem of my robe.

"Only one side"

I said, I could not bear to see her wounded expression although I know it's fake and she guilt-tripped me.

Ugh… Mothers and their proficiency in guilt-tripping their children!

"Yay!"

My mother excitedly lean her face closer showing one side of her white cheek.

I tip-toe and place my lips on it and quickly move aside.

With me sacrificing my face, I finally gain a shop as a twelve years old kid.

Duchess Kalea will be infamous for indulging and spoiling her only child, me.

I stare up at the imposing gate of the most well-known academy in Allerick Empire.

It was an academy where noble children as well as talented children of commoners attended, youngsters who reach fifteen of age will start attending this academy and will graduate at the age of nineteen? I guess? I don't pay much attention to academy stuff so I am not clear about it.

I will pay attention to it when I reach fifteen of age.

Speaking of which, there will be an academic competition among the kingdoms academy and the geek which I hardly thought of these days participate in the competition.

As the main character, he won. He defeats the empire best academy which is this academy in front of me. Ugh… typical of him.

The genius warrior was able to channel the will of the great path at a young age of sixteen.

The geek was able to comprehend laws at the age of twenty making him the youngest person who comprehend law.

Which means he achieve berserker stage at the age of twenty.

The ultimate realms of every profession are those who can comprehend laws, a person can comprehend as many laws or only one. But so far, there are only a few hand-full who can comprehend not more than five laws.

In retrospect, there exist strong and weak laws as well. So not everyone who comprehends the same amount of laws is neck to neck, the kind of law they comprehend determines who will be the winner.

The really powerful laws known to us are Law of Life, Law of destruction, Law of Time, Law of Space, Law of Transmigration and rebirth. There definitely exist different kinds of powerful laws that are still yet to be discovered.

Well *clapping hands* this are still profound knowledge so I will not delves too deep on them for the time being.

........................................................

A/n:

Yumu (My pen name/ name given to oneself) Valeri (my real name) here.
You guys are the best! For reading my work.

Ps: If you want advance chapter, you can read it on my website.

https://cosmosowl.wordpress.com/pilgrimage-of-dreams/

If the link up there does not do its work, the link will be on my bio as well. On my profile page.