Chapter Twenty Two: Blinding Lights (Cue The Music)

I watch in abject horror, at least I think that's what it's called, I never finished high school English, as my science textbook burns to a crisp inside Kazuha's fireplace.

"KAZUHA WHAT THE FUCK?" Heizou shouts.

The two boys argue back and forth while I watch in silence.

Suddenly, my entire body begins to burn and tingle.

I look down to see familiar white light flooding my entire body.

Oh no.

No no NO!

I'm not ready to go yet!

How do I stop this?

If there was any moment for the power of love and friendship to actively work, it would be now!

Heizou notices the blinding light erupting from my figure and turns around.

His olive eyes widen.

"Kuni?" He asks.

"Heizou, I think I-"

And then there's nothing.

Only darkness.

-----------
Heizou
-----------

All the blood in my body turns to ice as Kuni disappears into a mysterious white light.

Where did he go?

If I remember what Scaramouche told me, which was that spirits are connected to a certain aspect of their life while on earth, for example a science textbook....

Does that mean that Kuni just moved on to the afterlife?

...

I feel a strange sense of closure in my feelings of despair at losing Kuni.

Now I know that he's safe with his sisters and Scaramouche.

I turn back to former friend, anger rising in my chest.

"Kazuha.....why? Literally just why? Why would you betray me? Just like....like him. Don't you trust my plans?" I ask coldly.

"A damn lot of good your plans do when Tomo gets fucking murdered. Was that a part of your plan? No. It wasn't." Kazuha says bitterly.

"Kazuha, I can't see into the future. I didn't know that would happen." I say.

"You know what? That sounds a lot like what Scaramouche said when talking about your fake death. And do you know what else? Kunikuzushi hated you for that." Kazuha says in a low, threatening voice.

"Yes, but that was part of my plan you stupid wind freak." I say.

I'm so shocked by Kazuha's actions that I can't even form a correct insult to throw at him, ugh.

"Wind freak? What are you, six?" Kazuha asks mockingly.

I narrow my eyes at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you? This isn't you. It's one thing to choose Tomo over me, but it's way different actively fighting with me about it. What happened to you? Did something happen and now you're exploding over this tiny thing?" I ask.

"OVER THIS TINY THING? TOMO'S DEATH ISN'T A TINY THING!" Kazuha shouts.

"You could have turned against the killer once he revived Tomo, you stupid fuck!" I growl.

I've had it up to here with him.

"There isn't anything we can do against that murderer! We're better off doing what he says if we don't want to die!" Kazuha says bitterly.