Chapter Seven: I'm Being What's Called Smooth, Right?

Once we finally find our way out of the Middle of Nowhere, Heizou, who has his phone to his ear pretending to be in a call, begins to practically drag me to the Inazuma Police Department.

As we walk, I begin to think.

"Why are you in such a rush, Hei? You said you have a limit of four months to find my murderer, but it's only been a week and you've apparently gotten really close to solving the case. Can't you take some to relax or anything? You've barely slept at all." I say.

"You see Kuni-chan, cases can hit dead ends faster than a drunk person in a maze. It might be going all good and fine now, but we might end up in a dead end for months. Besides, the most important thing is that- wait did you just call me Hei?" Heizou asks.

"Did I?" I ask, genuinely unsure of what I'd said.

"You know what, keep doing that, it's cute. Anyways, as I was saying, the most important thing is that you and your sisters receive justice and so we can make sure that no one else is murdered in a similar fashion. Besides, after we interrogate Sango, I want to investigate any previous murders recorded and see if anything is similar to this case." Heizou says.

"No, after we interrogate Sango, you are going right home and getting sleep, your face is so pale." I say, noting the dark circles under his eyes as well and the fact that he's swaying a tiny bit when he walks.

"No, I'm fine. This needs to be done." Heizou says literally right before tripping on a crack in the sidewalk.

I, of course, catch him like the smooth man I am.

"See what I mean? You need sleep. Look, while you sleep, I can look through the cases for you, if it'll make you rest easier." I say.

Heizou violently shakes his head.

"It's against the rules to let anyone not a member of the Inazuma Police Force look at cases." He says quickly as I help him stand back up.

"Hei, I'm fucking dead. What are they going to do, arrest me? Besides, only you can see me. Who has to know?" I ask.

Anything to get him to rest.

"I can't. If they find out, they could arrest me." Heizou says.

"Wouldn't they be more concerned about myself, a LITERAL WALKING GHOST who witnessed a murder, rather than what you did to try and solve it?" I reason.

"Not with Bossman being the...well, boss." Heizou says.

"Heizou!" An unfamiliar voice calls, causing both Heizou and I to turn our heads.

My eyes fall on a short man with long white hair with a red streak pulled into a side ponytail walk up to Heizou.

I note the color of his eyes, red, as well, in case I need to remember this person's features.

"Kazuha!" Heizou calls back, his face lighting up into a wide smile.

So that's Kazuha.

"What are you doing here?" Heizou asks Kazuha.

"You asked for your location before saying you didn't know where you were so I got concerned for you and decided to come after you in case you needed help." Kazuha responds.

"Aww, you're so sweet, thanks. But, I'm fine. Actually, I haven't eaten in a while, so if you're free, why don't we get something to eat? I bet you're dying to ask about how my job's been going." Heizou says, his smile not dropping once.

Kazuha smiles softly.

"That sounds great. We haven't had time to catch up in a long time." He says.

I don't know why, but for some reason, a burning sensation rises in my chest, making me begin to grow angry.