Chapter Fifteen

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°••°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
3:47pm.
Nothing

3:48pm.
Not even a train.

3:50pm.
A train's arrived.

...

It's not his.

3:54pm.
Nothing.

3:55pm.
Still nothing.

"Anne stop checking your watch and looking around every second, the train isn't even supposed to arrive until 4:00." Jane exasperatedly called at her friend. The whole group were all at the train station, eagerly waiting for Blythe's train to finally arrive so that their friend would stop her panicking.

"But what if it comes early?"

"Anne I doubt that matters." laughed Ruby, "Even if his train did come early we've got a conductor yelling to us that they're here every time so it's not like we'll miss it. Gosh I never expected you to be so worked up about a boy, Gilbert least of all!"

Anne shook her head and scoffed, then checked the time once again. It was two minutes left until the train was scheduled to arrive, but the clock was ticking much too excruciatingly slowly for the redhead's tastes. Soon, she began to hear the bells and voice announcing the arrival of the new train, and pinched at her wrist to calm her nerves.

Once the members of the train had finally started to get off, her friends allowed the girl to step away and search for her lover separately. Walking but never taking her eyes off the train door, she observed as each person got off. The train was almost going to be empty and yet she could still not see the face she was searching for so desperately.
It was then, amongst the last of the people departing the train, that a man with dark hair stepped off the train, closely followed by a nervous, but certainly handsome, man with hazel eyes and a tightened jaw.

"Gilbert..." She breathed ever so quietly. And yet, despite the deafening crowd of the station, it seemed as though his senses immediately detected the familiar voice and his eyes quickly settled on her, a growing smile on his face.

Moving as fast as he could to her, Gilbert didn't hesitate to lift and spin her around before giving her the embrace he had longed for so long.
Anne laughed and sighed as he put her down, and for a moment neither of them did anything except simply gaze at eachother. First to break the silence, Gilbert spoke.

"I missed you Anne."

She continued to stay silent, not because she didn't know what to say, but because she was so overwhelmed. Instead of speaking, she leaned her lips on to his which was quickly reciprocated.

Thankfully the station was much more empty by now but they still showed enough propriety to end the kiss shortly, especially since the others were still smirking and watching from afar. A few onlookers who weren't consumed in their own business had mixed reactions, some rolling their eyes at the impropriety of the children and some gazing happily at the blissful young lovers. Anne looked down to his hands and her face melted into a smile.

"Oh- right. You didn't think I was going to come empty handed, not after you've already done so much for me?"

She took the bouquet with a slight blush and examined the flowers. She had been reading the book of flowers her father had gifted her mother often and had become interested in the different flowers of the world.

"Queen Anne's lace and Sunflowers?"

"I've done my research, along with your enlightening letter, and I believe they suit you perfectly."