Chapter Four

The doors of the mahogany cupboard were slammed open as it's contents were pulled and thrown onto Anne's bed.

"Ohh, what to wear, what to wear?!"

Anne rummaged through her pile of dresses, gowns, skirts, and blouses on the bed, trying to find one to suit the occasion. As grateful as Anne was to Marilla and her friends for teaching her how to sew dresses and gifting her clothes, she admitted she disliked the fuss of having to choose from so many beautiful clothes for every time she went out. Aunt Josephine and Cole sending Anne a box full of new clothes and accessories for college a few days earlier was much appreciated but certainly didn't make choosing any easier.

"Oh Diana help me please, I can't bear the stress! You've had an abundance of clothes since childhood, how do you manage to choose the perfect outfit every time?!"

Her best friend smiled in amusement at the redhead's freakout and walked over to the mountain of silk and cotton, rummaging through.

"Well, why don't we wear yellow and white today? It'll go wonderfully together don't you think?" Diana pulled and examined certain clothes, putting them aside or back in the pile. "How about this...and these gloves would go lovely with this gown....I think I'll do two outfits since it's much more easier.....it's a sunny day so I'm sure you won't be needing a shawl...oh these pearl earrings are lovely....and there we go!" Diana stepped back to reveal two wonderful complete outfits, both perfect beyond Anne's imagination.

"Oh Diana you absolute fairy angel! Thank you!"

Diana smiled sweetly, she had always enjoyed fashion and was taught by her mother how to create the perfect set of clothes and jewellery for any occasion, a skill she used daily.

"Now choose which outfit you prefer and go change so I can go next, I still need to decide what to wear myself!"

"Oh Diana why don't we both wear the two outfits? You usually wear blue, but yellow also looks enchanting on you, plus then we could be matching!"

Diana's dark eyes sparkled in delight, she nodded happily and together they decided which they loved best - the colour scheme was yellow and white for both outfits but that was the only similarity between the two.

"Well I think this pearl set goes lovely with your eyes Diana!"

"And the emeralds and gold on this make your skin sparkle Anne!"

Anne rushed into the changing room, a grin still plastered on both of their faces from such a childish but exciting idea.

She waltzed out with a twirl in her new outfit, as Diana giggled and strutted over to the red haired dame.

"Why hello there, fine dame, I admit I was utterly entranced by your presence at first, you sparkle like the sun on a winter's day. I must ask, what is your name fair lady?"

"Well, as much as I wish to tell you my name, charming gentleman, it is a secret best kept. But what is your name?"

"Prince Wisteria. If I cannot know of your name, may I at least have this dance?"

Anne rolled her eyes jokingly, and offered her hand to 'Prince Wisteria'.
"You may."

The two girls danced and giggled, until Anne, who was leading the dance (the two girls saw no point in the man always being in charge, even in something as simple as a dance), spun Diana round and round until she lightly shoved the still dizzy girl behind the changing screen, and threw her clothes over the screen too.
"Now get changed Diana, we should have at least ten minutes to get our hair done!"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Anne pinned up the last strand of hair from Diana's head under the twist, checked the golden watch on her wrist, and smiled.