❪ 002 ❫ 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙞𝙚

Start from the beginning

The man doesn't respond and breathes erratically. He grabs the man by the shoulders. "Hey look at me." Dean tells the man softly and slowley but sure enough, he looks at Dean.

Dean smiles and lets go of one hand off his shoulder and uses it to mimic breathing. "Breathe with me. In...out." Dean closes his fist whenever he says in and lets it free when he says out. The man follows Dean's movements with his breath and it eventually comes back to a less erratic breathing.

"Do I need to call an ambulance for him?" Dean waves the cashier down and replies.

"No I got him...here for both our stuff and- keep the change." Dean takes out his wallet and slams two, ten dollar bills on the counter.

He gets eye level with the man and reaches under his armpits. "Up and at em' fella." He helps him up by having his left arm over his shoulder. The cashier places their belongings in a bag and hands it out to Dean. He reaches out and grabs it by with his right hand. He gives a nod at the cashier. "Thanks."

Dean helps the man back outside and walks with him along the sidewalk. "So...you got a place?"

He looks at Dean, skeptical at first then slouches forward with a noticeable tint of sadness. "Yeah uh-" he throws his hand foward then rubs his forehead. "Just keep going straight. I'll let you know when to turn."

"Got it." Dean and the man look at eachother for a bit, not knowing what to say. They break the awkward tension by laughing.

Hughie looks down and smiles. "Hughie."

Dean gives a puzzled look. "Huh?"

"My name...it's Hughie." Hughie looks at Dean.

"Oh, well the name's Dean. Nice to meet you Hughie." Dean separates from hughie seeing as he started to walk by himself more.

"Yeah, I do- don't really meet people like this." Hughie rubs his shoulder in comfort.

Dean pats hughie on his back. "Hey its alright man...well all have our days."

"Yeah..." Hughie gives Dean a quick look and looks forward.

Dean decides to apologize out of pity. "Hey, I heard about what happen to your girl, sorry about-"

"You don't need to apologize, it's not your fault...it's theirs." Highie face seems to harden.

"Theirs' as in...vought?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, epsically A-train. I just want a sorry, he couldn't even say that." Dean sighs and gives Hughie a sympathetic look.

"...that's A-train for ya." Hughie sighs before confusion struck hid face. He stops and looks at Dean.

Hughie points a finger at Dean. "Wait, wait, wait. You know A-train, personally?"

Dean notices his slip-up and stammers over his words. "I uh no- I mean it's expected. Not every supe is a good person...right?" Dean motions his hands as he spoke.

Hughies suspicion died down and he puts a hand on his head again. "Yeah I guess you're right- I'm sorry. Just a lot has been going on. I think I just need a beer...thank you by the way, for buying it." Hughie motions towards the band in Dean's hand. Dean looks down and shakes the bag.

"This? Oh, it's no problem really. Just looked like you just needed someone to be there for you." Dean and Hughie smile at eachother. They begin walking again.

After a while of turns and crossing roads they make it to Hughies house. Dean follows hughie to his front porch and waits behind him. Hughie opens the door but turns around to face Dean. "Thanks uh Dean for today. What happen today never really happens, its just Rob- it's just been a rough day." Dean smiles at Hughie and shrugs his shoulders with one hand in his pocket. He leans one of the poles that support the front porch roof.

"No problem man. I get it- well I mean don't get it cause I-well it's never-" Dean starts to fall overs his words, knowing it sentence just got worse and worse.

Hughie laughs and crosses his arms. "Don't worry man, I know what you mean." They both smile at eachother for the thousandth time. Silence soon took over them.

"Here..." Dean places the bag in Hughies vision. "Keep whatever is in it, I don't need it."

Hughie looks at the bag then up to Dean. He reaches out and takes it. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I gotta get back to my job soon or I'll be late." Dean says as he gesture behind him with a nod from his head.

"Okay...thanks." Hughie gently shakes the bag.

Dean nods and starts to back up. "Its been a nice chat, but I gotta go. Bye hughie." Dean gives a short wave at hughie and Hughie does the same. They both turn and before they both leave Dean shouts. "Hey buddy!"

Hughie turns and see Dean speedwalking to him. Dean get a card out and hands it to Hughie. "This has my number on it, for you know- if you want to hang out. I could use somebody around here."

Hughie inspects the card and fumbles with. He sees the description it gave about Dean. "You're a...consultant from Texas?"

Dean all of the sudden gets confident telling someone about his 'job'. "Yeah, yeah uh I just basically give professional advice to businesses or clientele. More stuff but that's just a sum of it."

Hughie eyebrow rose up. "And you gave me your businesses number?"

"Well I haven't had time to change it, that is my personal number. Just didn't get the chance to get a business one." Hughies smiles at Dean in understandment.

"So...you'll give me a call to hang out someday?" Dean smirks while swaying side to side.

Hughie seems to be in thought for a second and nods. "Sure man, I'll give you call and show you New York."

Dean laughs and slaps Hughie shoulder. The impact makes Hughie go foward a bit but not enough to stumble. "Thanks well have a great time Hughie. See you later dude." Dean leaves without hearing Hughies response. Hughie watches Dean run till he's out of sight.

"Bye...Dean." Hughies looks at the card Dean gave him and for a few seconds all that pain and sorrow he got recently faded. All that filled his head was the new person he met. He went inside with a smile, something Hughie began to be grateful more for, for it would soon fade. And the days started to become gloomy and dark.