Arturo moved to the window overlooking the city and the ocean, a city he now practically owned, considering all this shit that had been dumped on him since dear daddy went away.

Was she downstairs right now? Marching out of his building? Walking to her car? Or storming to it, more likely. Despite how hard up for money she claimed to be, every little rich girl stayed a rich girl even when the money got tight. Arturo couldn't imagine her ever using public transportation.

She was probably so amazingly pissed off at him. Just thinking about the angry look on her face was enough to make his cock twitch and his pulse studded, as though he hadn't just fucked Angela in his back office.

That was very interesting.

*****

"How dare he? How fucking dare he?"

Isla stormed around in a circle, unable to hold still while her roommate and best friend, Jane, sat on the leather sofa and ate the ice cream that Isla should have been eating.

She was an ice cream eater when she was upset. Maple walnut with real walnuts inside, but apparently she wasn't just upset, she was beyond pissed. So pissed in fact that she was letting Jane eat all of her pick-me-up ice cream while she vented and raged.

"You should go back there and strangle him or something."

"I should. I really should," Isla said. Her fingers clenched and cramped just imagining herself with her hands wrapped around his thick, strong, muscular looking tanned throat and choking the life out of him.

She probably didn't have the strength in her fingers to choke even a small apology out of him, and that thought just pissed her off even more.

"You know I'm kidding, right?" Jane asked.

"And I also know you're not being nearly as sympathetic as you should be," Isla said, shooting her friend a nasty glare.

She wasn't meaning to be a bitch to Jane. Jane just happened to be the only other person in the room with whom Isla could direct her furiously red rage at.

Seriously, she might actually be seeing red.

That glare, and the anger that came with it, glided right off of jane like water off a duck's ass. She wasn't affected. The girl was too smart and too strangely open and honest about anything and everything to be offended by Isla's snapping.

Of all the friends Isla had ever had, Jane was the only one who didn't pull any passive aggressive gamey bullshit to get what she wanted, and she expected the same.

"Are you sure he's going to do what he said? You should probably get this in writing."

Isla stopped pacing and stared down at Jane. She was pretty sure that, had she been looking into a mirror, her eyes would have been bulging. Her mouth was definitely dropped open.