9 | Capture |

Consciousness slipped in and out. Every breath she took was pure tranquility, it calmed her muscles and mind like a drug. Floating in a dark void... well, it isn't so bad.. is it? Is what she thought. Her gaze softened, a small smile dancing on her lips. Her body was in bliss, free from the prision of pain.

No thoughts. No burdens. No responsibility.

She was free.

Y/N stared into the darkness, taking slow and small steps. The ground felt cold, and smooth, but whenever she glanced down, her mind went blank.

It was a weird feeling, that was for sure.

But, nothing is eternal.

Her bones started to get heavier, it started to get harder to walk. Her breath started to escape her, a sharp, tinging, pain blossomed from her chest to the tips of her fingertips.

She furrowed her eyebrows in pain, moving her hand too-- it was stuck.

I-- I can't move it!

The smell of burnt leaves and blood filled her senses. The rocky ground underneath her dug into her skin. Y/N felt the presence of someone behind her,

the darkness vanished.

"Oi. She's awake." A voice said, low and masculine.

Y/N's mouth turned to a scowl, opening her eyes with a flash. She squinted, the sunlight attacking her vision.

She was eerily quiet, forcing herself to take deep breaths. She observed her surroundings, her gaze was cold and calculative.

9 people. Someone else is holding me. And... Tanjiro is a few feet away. I can't see Nezuko's box...

A struck cord inside her. Y/N wanted to bitterly laugh to herself, but refrained. The last thing she needed was attention.

Nothing I did made a change.

Y/N diverted her attention as from the corner of her eye, she saw someone approach, carrying Nezuko and her box. Slowly, she started to fiddle with the rope tying her wrists behind her back.

"--Please! She fights alongside me! Nezuko has never eaten a human before! And never will!" Tanjiro begged, his voice raspy from shouting so much.

Suddenly, a man wearing white and black clothes, laughed manically from behind as he approached Nezuko's box, picking it up. He had white hair, scars littered his chest and face. His sword was sheathed, waving threatingly in the air.

"What rubbish! Hahaha! The moron Demon Slayer with a demon! What exactly are you trying to do?!"

"S-Sir! Please put the box down!" A man in black clothing said, standing on the sidelines.

Shinobu rose from her seat, her irritation covered with a vengeful smile.

"Please, do not be a fool and step out of line, Sanemi."

Almost there.

"Please! A demon fighting to protect humans is a total delusion."

One more tug.

Sanemi Shinazugawa, the Wind Hashira, wielded his nichirin sword in the air, directing it towards Nezuko's box.

The ropes on Y/N's wrists fell.

Instantanously, she launched off the ground, clothes fluttering behind her. She was a blur to the eye, viciously tearing through the air and positioning herself in between Sanemi and Nezuko.