4 | The Yellow Boy |

Y/N floated in a dark void, her eyes were shut, her face was in peace. She felt so tranquil at the moment, even though she was shrouded in pitch black. Her chest was light, relived of the thoughts and burdens she carried. Her mind was silent, relived of the chaos that bounced around her skull like an angry ping-pong ball.

Her deaf ears started to ring.
Slowly, every part of her body started to tingle, becoming more and more intense. Her back became pressed onto something cold, something hard. Her head weighed down to the side like an iron ball, her arms and legs felt chained to the prickly ground. Y/N's eyes shot open as she gasped, suddenly desperate for oxygen. Instantly a sharp pain coursed through her abdomen, she furrowed her eyebrows in pain and winced. Cold air slammed into her face, her skin.
The tranquility was gone.

The ringing in her ears subsided, she noticed that she was sat up against a wall, her legs spread out on the shiny, rich red, wooden floor. Y/N heard voices down the hallway. She saw Tanjiro conversing with Lady Tamayo and Yushiro, Nezuko by his side. His checkered haori fluttered as he moved his arms, speaking with his siganture smile. Though she was so far away, she couldn't hear what they were saying. Frankly, she didn't want too, if she focused on something her head started to pound.

Y/N decided to stay there, she hoped Tanjiro would handle whatever was going on.
After a couple of minutes, the two demons disappeared. Tanjiro sighed, smiling slightly when Nezuko demanded a headpat.

Y/N closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as she leaned her head against the wall, hearing Tanjiro's footsteps get closer.
The shuffling got louder as she heard a small thud, a warm hand was placed on top of her shoulder, gently shaking her.

Butterflies erupted in her stomach by how gentle Tanjiro's voice was.
"Hey, Y/N. It's time to wake up."
Don't smile. Don't smile. DON'T YOU DARE SMILE YOU LITTLE--

Her eyes fluttered open, instantly met with the burgudy hues that stared caringly back at her.
"Hey." Y/N said, cringing by how hoarse and dry her throat was.
I'm sure I look absolutely terrible right now.

Tanjiro got up, holding out his hand to help Y/N up. She clapsed his, comforted by the warmth as she wabbled a bit. He smiled as they started to walk outside of the building.
Tanjiro knew the entire time that she was awake, he found it adorable that she tried to hide it.
He started to fill her in on what happened.

"--so yeah. I think that's all." He finished.
The sun had risen from the horizon, splashing the sky with beautiful hues of orange, pink, purple, and red. The breeze was crisp and the sunlight warmed Y/N's skin. The outskirts of the busy city were beauitful, filled with bright green grass, trees, and occasional patches of flowers.
If Y/N wasn't so exhausted, she would've loved every bit.

"..Alright, I see." She said, regaining her voice to it's normal capacity. Now up and running, her face wasn't so sulken as it was when she woke up. From what Tanjiro had told her, Lady Tamayo performed healing practices and gave her some medicine, because apparently, she was in really bad shape.

The two walked together down the gravely path to their destination, which Tanjiro's crow came beforehand. They stridded in comfortable silence, both took in the delicate scenery around them.
Suddenly, their peace was interrupted as they heard someone screaming up ahead.

The two exchanged a quick glance, coming to a mutal agreement without words.

"--PLEASE!! MARRY ME!! I'M GOING TO DIE ANY DAY NOW!!!" A boy wearing a yellow haori screamed, clinging onto a confused girl with long, black hair. He had yellowe hair and brown eyes, his nichirin sword and outfit clearly stated that he was a demon slayer. The girl that was captured in his embrace seemed extremely uncomfortable. It seemed as if she wanted to speak, but she didn't know what to do.