1

"So, I keeping thinking Ashton is gonna like ask me out but whenever we're alone together, he ignores me." Morgan says to her best friend sitting next to her on the sofa holding the remote in one hand, surfing through the cable channels.

Sitting criss cross on the long L shaped sofa with a big empty red bowl in her lap, her best friend Nina says back with a shrug "Maybe he's just as shy around you just like how you are with him."

Morgan scoffs, setting her cola down on the armchair as an old slasher film rolls on the flat screen that's mounted to the wall.

"This is Ashton Jones we're talking about here. Sexy, loud, energetic and like the hottest athlete at our school. There's no way he's shy. Every time I see him he's talking to a different girl." The petite blonde cheerleader groans.

Before Nina can say anything her phone rings on the kitchen island. She puts the empty bowl down on the coffee table "Be right back" then picks up the device and frowns at the screen seeing that it's an unknown number.

"Who is it?" Morgan asks while walking inside the kitchen carrying the empty bowl.

Nina shushes her before answering the stranger's call. "Hello?"

"Hello?" A low raspy voice greets her as she steps back inside the living room while her best friend prepares to make another bag of popcorn.

"Who's this?"

"Who's this?" The deep voice throws the same question right back, annoying her.

Trying to listen from afar Morgan takes the plastic off the unpopped bag of popcorn then puts it in the microwave setting the timer.

"Um, who are you calling for?" Even though the voice is a little creepy, especially hearing it during this time at night when it's only her and Morgan inside the house, she finds it quite sexy as well.

She starts naturally flirting to the boogeyman on the other line falling right into his trap just like a fly heading straight towards a spider's web.

The neighborhood is usually quiet around this time of night so she doesn't really expect much of anything that can possibly go wrong.

In her mind she thinks it's one of her obsessive ex boyfriends that called her because it happened many times before.

The deep voice is having a good time as he asks another question instead of answering hers. "Who am I talking to?"

"Nina," She rolls her eyes with a low huff, sitting down on the sofa staring at her light pink gel polished nails.

The creep on the other line chuckles lightly. "Nina? I'm calling for a girl named Morgan. Perhaps she's around?"

The timer on the microwave beeps. Morgan quickly grabs the hot bag and drops it down on the island, the steam burning her fingers. "Shit,"

Nina steps back inside the kitchen and hands her the phone. "It's for you."

"For me? Who's calling for me on your phone?" Morgan questions while giving her best friend a concern look.

"It's probably Jimin since you blocked him." Nina shrugs, exiting the kitchen and opening the front door to step outside.

Holding the phone in one hand against her chest so the stranger on the line wouldn't hear their conversation, Morgan asks "Where are you going?"

"I left my cigarettes in my car. Be right back," as soon as the best friend is out the door Morgan answers the phone sitting down in the living room.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Morgan." The killer on the phone is really intrigued by the teen as he watches her through the kitchen window from behind a tree.