"Don't worry. I won't stay overnight, if that worries you. I'll be back after dinner."

"I don't trust the guy. He has a bad reputation with women. I don't want you to fall for him, Sweet. I just hope you won't forget what he did to us."

"I won't fall for a guy like him, Dad. Trust me, okay? And how can I forget what he did to us? Within the three months that I'll date him, I'll remember that I'm doing it to get Andrews back."

Dad nodded, his expression looked more relaxed, "I know you're a strong-willed woman and I have confidence that you won't fall easily with that kind of man."

Suddenly, I remembered the electricity I felt touching Sebastian's hand as we shook hands. I sighed, hoping Dad was right.

***

On Saturday morning, a helicopter fetched me, landing on the empty lawn at the front of our house. Everyone was in awe — my family, our workers, including our neighbors who saw it.

I bade goodbye to my family. Each one of them looked so anxious, as if I would leave for a military deployment.

"Remember the self-defense I taught you last night, Sweet," Colton reminded me, "bring him down if you need to."

"I put the pepper spray in your handbag. Use it. Promise?" Erin hugged me goodbye.

"I will, I will..." I assured them.

"I put an extra shirt inside, in case you'll need it," Mom said and gave me my overnight bag, "and don't forget to update us where you are. You know I worry easily."

"Of course, Mom. I don't want you calling the cops," I joked.

"Be back before midnight, okay?" Dad shouted when I was walking towards the chopper.

"Sure, Dad."

Sebastian's bodyguard, Max, accompanied me in the chopper. He greeted me and told me we would land at the Stavrakos Sports Resort Hotel in twenty minutes. That gave me enough time to freshen up for my meeting with Sebastian.

***

The moment we arrived at the hotel, a blond curvaceous receptionist in a blue uniform greeted me. She was pretty. Her face was flawless with perfect makeup and hair bun. I suddenly became conscious of my slightly messy hair and bare face.

"Hi, Miss Treble. Welcome. I'm Bridget Jordan. I'll assist you in everything you need."

"Thank you. That's so kind of you."

"It's my job to make sure that the clients are comfortable with their stay," she smiled widely, showing perfect white teeth, "so, how was your trip?"

"Very good. I had a wonderful experience riding a helicopter."

"Ah, it was your first time, am I right?" Her eyebrows are raising.

"It was."

"Well, enjoy the experience while it lasts," she gave out a devilish grin. What she said was not nice, but I let it slide. I did not want to make a big deal on petty things.

She showed me my hotel room. It was a very elegant suite room with a queen-size bed, mini living room, jacuzzi, and a small kitchen.

"I'll leave you now to freshen up," her eyes scanning my face, then her lips twisted nastily in the corner, "Sebastian will see you at the pool area at 10:00 a.m. Don't be late."

The moment she left, my eyebrows rose.

She was on a first name basis with Sebastian. Hmm... I could smell something here. No wonder she was nasty to me. They probably had something, and she was jealous.

Whatever. I don't give a damn if they have an affair or what. Bridget Jordan can have him for herself. I won't be a threat.

I was wearing a Light blue skinny jeans, a white polo shirt, and white Nike Air Force 1. I gathered my hair in a ponytail, and with light makeup, I was set to go.

At exactly 10:00 a.m., I was in the pool area, waiting for Sebastian.

"Where is he?" I checked the time in my wristwatch. It was 10:15 a.m. already.

I decided to continue waiting. Maybe he was caught in traffic. I sighed, diverting my attention to studying the beautiful architectural design of the pool area, until I got bored of waiting.

I checked the time again.

10:30 a.m.

Not again.

I was starting to lose hope with Sebastian. Nothing ever changed with him, with or without the contract. He was still the same, standing me up for one of his stupid emergencies again.

I wondered what girl he had in his bed this time?