I hated to admit it, but they were both right.

"Good point," I went back to my seat, leaning back, "now I have a better idea on what to do with Sweet Treble."

***

Later that evening.

"Where are you, bro? I'm here in the club." My friend, Tucker Mills called.

"I'm still at work, Tuck. I have a presentation tomorrow, I'm working overtime."

"James can do that for you," he coaxed. "Come on, man. I just got back from Iceland. I was starved there, I need a good time and a hot chick to fuck. I need you here, you're a magnet for women."

Yeah, he was right. James could do all this stuff for me.

I checked the time on my wristwatch. Just perfect time to hit the club.

Then I remembered that I had to lay back and avoid the club, rave parties and other crowded gatherings for the scandal to die down.

"I want to, man, but going there would only create another media storm."

"Are you serious? When do you care about the media?"

Did I? I never turned down his request for clubbing. Why was I turning him down? I should go there and have fun. We were young. Life was too short not to enjoy life, as I kept on saying.

"Well..."

"Well, what? Come on, man. There are plenty of bombshells here. They're flooding on the dance floor. Remember that girl you've been eyeing the last time? She's here looking for you."

I groaned, then slammed my pen on my desk.

Fuck. Did I want to go to the club, or play the good guy everyone wanted me to be?

***

Sweet

Thursday night, I received an email from James.

Dear Miss Treble,

Good evening.

Mr. Stavrakos would like to request your presence this Saturday.

Itinerary:

10:00 am - Gun Firing Practice - Shooting Range at Stavrakos Sports Resort Hotel

12:00 noon - Lunch at the Pool bar and lounge

2:00 pm - Indoor wall climbing

4:00 pm - Gym and Spa

7:00 pm - Dinner at Craft Futuristic Diner

Please advise if you are available, so I could arrange your accommodation and the chopper to fetch you at your residence.

My heart sank. I envisioned the date as a simple 7pm to 9pm dinner date, and not a whole day sports event with dinner. Much as I would like to complain, but I knew it would be useless since there were no specific details about the date that we agreed on.

***

The following day, I replied to James and agreed on the date. My parents were anxious, especially dad who wouldn't trust Sebastian.

"What kind of date is this?" He complained after I showed him the itinerary that James gave me, "gun shooting, wall climbing, gym and spa. These are men's stuff."

I shrugged, "It doesn't matter to me. I'll be fine, Dad."

"Why does it have to be a whole day? And why is he providing you accommodation?" He looked agitated, his hands raking his thin gray hair.